CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Meet INTEL's New Boss!   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 535 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> General Computing News >> Meet INTEL's New Boss! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Meet INTEL's New Boss! - 8/12/2004 10:30:35 AM   
SiliconFreak

Sometime next spring, Paul Otellini will succeed Craig Barrett to become the fifth chief executive in Intel's history.

Winning the coveted job after a career at Intel that began in 1974 is undoubtedly a plum for Otellini. But the first non-engineer to take the helm will be in charge of an Intel suddenly struggling to regain its footing after a series of stumbles.

Earlier this summer, Intel said design problems would force a delay in the introduction of a chipset for Pentium M notebooks. That followed a delay in the launch of its latest Pentium M notebook processor, from January or February until May.

Intel also took longer than expected to ready its latest Pentium 4 chip, the Prescott. The chip technically shipped on time--it went out to PC makers before the company's stated goal, the end of 2003--but was not available in systems until February.

The company also blamed manufacturing glitches for the recall of bad controller hub chips, which affected the launch of the Intel Express 900-series of desktop chipsets.

Full Story + Interview...

Source : CNET News
Post #: 1
RE: Meet INTEL's New Boss! - 8/12/2004 11:40:07 AM   
sp_admin

"...the first non-engineer..."

It reminds me of the (glitchy) road HP (and IBM/ATT..) has taken by choosing accounting managers and lawyers as CEO's...

WM # CdrInfo.com Team

(in reply to SiliconFreak)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> General Computing News >> Meet INTEL's New Boss! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI