CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Will AMD Overtake INTEL in 2017?   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1317 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> General Computing News >> Will AMD Overtake INTEL in 2017? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Will AMD Overtake INTEL in 2017? - 8/11/2004 8:23:36 AM   
SiliconFreak

Since time immemorial - at least that's what it feels like - Intel has dominated the PC chip market and the latest figures from market watcher Mercury Research offer no sign of a change to the status quo.

AMD fanboys will be tickled to know that the chip giant saw its market share slide from 83.5 per cent in Q1 to just 82.7 per cent, down a whopping, a humungous... er... four-fifths (0.8) of a percentage point.

Some of that loss was picked by AMD, which saw its market share rise by an almost equally monumental half a percentage point (0.5) to 15.5 per cent. The remaining third (0.3) of a percentage point that the chip giant haemorrhaged during Q2 went to Transmeta and VIA for them the squabble over the spoils. Together those two account for 1.8 per cent of the x86 market.

Compared to Q2 2003, AMD's share was down - by a tenth of percentage point (0.1) - while Intel's was up by the same amount.

The good news for AMD enthusiasts is that, at this rate of sequential gain and Intel's quarterly 0.8 percentage point decline, AMD will overtake Intel in exactly 13 years' time - sometime in Q2 2017. Assuming, of course, that Transmeta doesn't suddenly spring forward and steal the market from both of them...
Whole Story...

Source : TheRegister
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> General Computing News >> Will AMD Overtake INTEL in 2017? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI