CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

IBM Not Compatible With SP2!!!   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 781 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> General Computing News >> IBM Not Compatible With SP2!!! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
IBM Not Compatible With SP2!!! - 8/10/2004 12:10:01 PM   
SiliconFreak

It has finally come to completion. The Microsoft Windows XP SP2 was released to manufacturers on Friday. But IBM has already warned its employees not to download the Windows XP SP2, when it becomes available, through an article headlined "To patch - or not to patch" which was posted on its corporate intranet.

With close to an estimated 400,000 desktops, IBM is a huge Microsoft customer indeed. The article stated that a large number of IBM's Web applications will need to be tested and some modified to work correctly with SP2. Currently, some high profile, business-critical applications are also known to conflict with SP2. The article went on to say that when the current issues and concerns have been addressed, IBM would deploy a customised version of the Windows XP SP2.

Source : TechTree
Post #: 1
RE: IBM Not Compatible With SP2!!! - 8/10/2004 5:58:16 PM   
kogos

i've heard that microsoft needed to rebuild almost 40% of the first sp2 code in order to eliminate compatibility problems...

I also heard that there is some compatibility issue with Norton Antivirus 2003 and 2004, and symantec is making an effort to resolve this and release a new update...

I found an article about sp2 compatibility issues: http://www.serverpipeline.com/news/26100008

i think that more problems are yet to come... We 'll see... One think is for sure... I will not install it until i hear some users' opinions about sp2...

It whould be a good idea for users to post their opinions about sp2 in this thread...

So, HAvE ANYOnE TRIED IT YET???

Tell us what you think and report any compatibility problems...

< Message edited by kogos -- 8/10/2004 6:02:20 PM >

(in reply to SiliconFreak)
Post #: 2
RE: IBM Not Compatible With SP2!!! - 8/10/2004 7:43:17 PM   
WinThusiast

Hello

Actually I Have it installed for few days now...working just fine...

And also..have McAfee 7.03.6000 installed...no problems here neither (dont know for Norton...)

All programs that i've had installed before upgrading are also working for now...so all in one...NO PROBLEMS!

Btw..You may just REMOVE it via ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS in CONTROL PANEL if something doesnt work for You...so You got nothing too lost and alot to gain I think...(if nothing more...all pathes that were installed previously and were ocupying almost half of the Add/Remove Window...are now gone and there is only Windows XP Service Pack 2 line there now + all other installed programs...so its worth it even because of that i think ).

(in reply to kogos)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> General Computing News >> IBM Not Compatible With SP2!!! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI