CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Xbox 2 Premiere at CES 2005 ?   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1364 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Game News >> Xbox 2 Premiere at CES 2005 ? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Xbox 2 Premiere at CES 2005 ? - 8/10/2004 7:24:16 AM   
SiliconFreak

Microsoft always said they wanted to beat the competition and be first out the gates with the nextgen consoles.

While Sony and Nintendo have already commited to do so at the E3 2005, Microsoft, so far, has been the only company not yet confirmed to show off the successor to the current console generation.

But Microsoft might very well stick to their promise and beat the competition by showing off its Xbox 2 at Consumer Electronic Show (CES), which is held in Las Vegas, January 2005, several months before its competitors.

Going back in time, it was Microsoft head honcho Bill Gates who unveiled the Xbox at the... CES 2001.

Last week it was revealed that Gates would be the keynote speaker at CES 2005, immediately prompting speculation that it would be deja vu all over again and that Gates might unveil the Xbox 2.

Microsoft is sticking to their typical stance of not responding to rumors and speculations, but on the other hand has not yet issued any sort of denial either.

Source : GameSpy
Post #: 1
RE: Xbox 2 Premiere at CES 2005 ? - 8/10/2004 3:00:49 PM   
Dolphinius_Rex

I've heard that the Xbox2 will not be backward compatible with XBox1

Anyone know if this is confirmed yet?

Canada; Leading the world in being just north of the U.S.A.

(in reply to SiliconFreak)
Post #: 2
RE: Xbox 2 Premiere at CES 2005 ? - 8/10/2004 7:51:46 PM   
SiliconFreak

Hi Rexy Boy

I am not that much into XBOX, but did a little research on Your request...

As far as I could see (from the links that are written below - check them out), You were right...everybody says that XBOX2 WONT be compatible with XBOX1...

But on original XBOX page...there are no articles so far about XBOX2 and its compatibility with XBOX...so we'll need to wait a bit more to see what they will say about that...

Here are the links...

Compatibility 1
Compatibility 2
Compatibility 3

ENJOY YOUR XBOX & HAVE A NICE DAY

(in reply to Dolphinius_Rex)
Post #: 3
RE: Xbox 2 Premiere at CES 2005 ? - 8/11/2004 1:46:14 AM   
Dolphinius_Rex

hey Sili-Boy

Thanks for looking into that! Looks like the XBox2 is not a good upgrade for those who want to keep playing Halo

(I've been called a lot of things on here, including "dolphy" but never "Rexy Boy"...)

Canada; Leading the world in being just north of the U.S.A.

(in reply to SiliconFreak)
Post #: 4
RE: Xbox 2 Premiere at CES 2005 ? - 8/11/2004 4:15:37 AM   
Leviathan

I'm quite sure that hackers have already some plans to make Xbox1 compatible with Xbox2

(in reply to Dolphinius_Rex)
Post #: 5
RE: Xbox 2 Premiere at CES 2005 ? - 8/11/2004 7:44:00 AM   
SiliconFreak

No problem Rexy
(btw..it wasnt intend to insult or something like that...its just that sounded nice to me, so I wrote it - Rexy Boy)

And yes...guess Xbox2 upgrade isnt best thing to do...but then again...i am sure they will do something in that matter (compatibility with Xbox1), too! Otherways they might loose quite big ammount of potential buyers...

If nothing else..Leviathan is right i think...hackers did magic in the past...and so will in the future...we count on them...

(in reply to Leviathan)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Game News >> Xbox 2 Premiere at CES 2005 ? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI