CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

EA To Buy Eidos, Ubisoft To Buy Codemasters...   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1390 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Game News >> EA To Buy Eidos, Ubisoft To Buy Codemasters... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
EA To Buy Eidos, Ubisoft To Buy Codemasters... - 8/9/2004 4:23:49 PM   
T3TRISizer

Ubisoft did negotiate with Eidos but decided to go after Codemasters instead, which left EA to go after Eidos.

Yesterday it was reported by the Telegraph that Ubisoft were in negotiations to purchase Eidos but it has since changed, with Electronic Arts now looking to buy them. As well as Electronic Arts THQ are interested, but EA have placed a $300 million offer for the company.

It now seems that Ubisoft have reached "advanced stages of negotiation" with Codemasters. This could be good for Ubisoft as Codemasters have been known to make good games of certain genres, such as racing and sport, which Ubisoft have not.

Not much else is known about the negotiations between all the companies at present, but once something is known expect official press releases containing all the information.

Source : MCV
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Game News >> EA To Buy Eidos, Ubisoft To Buy Codemasters... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI