CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

HP ScanJet 5530 Review   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1422 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Hardware Reviews >> HP ScanJet 5530 Review Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
HP ScanJet 5530 Review - 8/9/2004 8:37:19 AM   
SiliconFreak

The new HP ScanJet 5530 revolutionizes the conversion process. It sports an automated one-button photo scanner, essentially a device that automatically sucks a pile of photographs through the scanner one by one. It may not be instant, but it certainly makes it a heck of a lot easier to do. The feeder allows you to automate the scanning a stack of up to 24 photos in under 5 minutes. Ok, so with thousands of photos to scan its not going to be a day at the beach, but it does significantly reduce the amount of time it takes as well as make it a much less painless experience. So far I have managed to scan about 700 photos over a period of a three days, merely leaving the scanner going and reffilling it whenever needed. I was particularily impressed by HP's willingness to integrate with Apple iPhoto instead of forcing the user to rely on an included proprietary software package. Although the scanner does include its own software, which is quite tolerable, it allows you to select a number of different "destinations" for your photos. Upon placing a pile of photos in the photo feeder, the scanner senses them and presents you with a dialogue asking you questions about DPI, destination and more. If you scan to iPhoto for instance, upon completion it pops up a program called HP Photo Dropper (pictured below) with which you merely drag the virtual pile of photos into iPhoto, subsequently importing them.

Complete Review HERE...

Source : A.W.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by SiliconFreak -- 8/9/2004 10:37:50 PM >
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Hardware Reviews >> HP ScanJet 5530 Review Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI