CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

"This Is Not The INTEL We All Know"   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 766 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> General Computing News >> "This Is Not The INTEL We All Know" Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
"This Is Not The INTEL We All Know" - 8/6/2004 7:37:39 PM   
SiliconFreak

The giant has fallen behind in chips for multimedia -- and investors aren't happy

For years, Intel Corp.'s (INTC ) aggressive chip-delivery schedule has been as predictable as, well, Moore's Law. The chipmaker consistently doubled the number of transistors on a processor every two years, just as the man said. Advertisement

Lately, though, Intel's road map -- the delivery schedule it uses to let customers know when new products will hit the market -- has taken as many twists as an Alpine pass. Over the past eight months, Intel has suffered a string of delays and manufacturing snafus. The latest occurred on July 29, when it said a speedy new 4-gigahertz Pentium chip due by yearend would be delayed until 2005. It's enough to make investors grouchy -- and put CEO Craig R. Barrett on edge. "This is not the Intel we all know," he e-mailed employees, "and that is not acceptable."

Source : BusinessWeek
Post #: 1
[Deleted] - 8/6/2004 7:43:52 PM   
Deleted User
[Deleted by Admins]

(in reply to SiliconFreak)
  Post #: 2
RE: "This Is Not The INTEL We All Know" - 8/7/2004 8:05:34 AM   
SiliconFreak

Yeah...here are 2 links about it...be my guest and check them out

NEW P4 Socket Type LGA775 (Socket T) Explained

Pentium 5: New Socket 775 Combined With DDR-2

Nice peace of equipment what do You think?

Ohhh...and if just cant wait...and wish to get onboard right away...here are NEW SOCKET 775 MOTHERBOARDS already available... Dont forget to post here about how they work in everyday's use if You decide to buy one

Have a nice day!

< Message edited by SiliconFreak -- 8/7/2004 10:06:31 PM >

(in reply to Deleted User)
Post #: 3
[Deleted] - 8/7/2004 7:21:04 PM   
Deleted User
[Deleted by Admins]

(in reply to SiliconFreak)
  Post #: 4
RE: "This Is Not The INTEL We All Know" - 8/7/2004 8:33:43 PM   
SiliconFreak

I am Glad that I could help You out. And I totally agree with You about waiting a little bit, so that the prices drop and also until first reviews and user opinions came by...

Have a nice day(or rather night...cause I guess its some 4:35am in Athens now ).

(in reply to Deleted User)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> General Computing News >> "This Is Not The INTEL We All Know" Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI