CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

How do I make a backup of a Direct CD disk???   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 799 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Packet Writing >> How do I make a backup of a Direct CD disk??? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How do I make a backup of a Direct CD disk??? - 11/10/2002 8:39:40 PM   
webe123

Will Clone CD do this?? I know it will make perfect 1 to 1 copies, but I am unsure if making backups of packet written disks are included in it's program!
Post #: 1
RE: How do I make a backup of a Direct CD disk??? - 11/10/2002 11:18:32 PM   
Matthew

CD-R or CD-RW? it might make a difference....

If you have a separate CD-ROM or DVD drive to read in, you could just copy the files to another DirectCD formatted CD - or if the burner has burnproof (to cope with likely slowdowns), better to master the files to a burned CD-R as it's a more stable and usable format.

To read a CD-R from directCD outside the writer, it must be closed to ISO (but can be re-opened after).
To read a CD-RW from DirectCD ouside the writer, the drive must be CD-RW capable (multiread) and a UDF Reader must be loaded (default for DirectCD3, extra for DirectCD2.5, can't say for DCD5)

The problem with any direct copy is that you will have to resort to devious tricks to stop DCD gaining control, I'm not sure if the attempt is valid, and there are better ways to handle something WORTH backing up!

(in reply to webe123)
Post #: 2
RE: How do I make a backup of a Direct CD disk??? - 11/11/2002 1:31:48 AM   
Dolphinius_Rex

There is no protection on Packet written discs. Just copy the files from the CD to your HDD and then from the HDD onto a new CD-R, either in Packet format, or another format.

Canada; Leading the world in being just north of the U.S.A.

(in reply to webe123)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Packet Writing >> How do I make a backup of a Direct CD disk??? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI