CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Yamaha CRW-F1 Driver Problem   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 724 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> Yamaha CRW-F1 Driver Problem Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Yamaha CRW-F1 Driver Problem - 11/8/2002 1:59:40 AM   
Volleyman

I installed the drive and then installed Retrospect Express (Dantz) Back-up that came with it. The software won't recognize the drive. When I look under the environment tab in retrospect it shows the Yamaha drive but no driver is listed. Supposedly the driver comes from the retrospect software. Device manager in windows 98 doesn't list a driver for the drive either. I have downloaded the latest (1.0d) Firmware from Yamaha and the latest rdu31 patch from Dantz and it still doesn't work. Need some help. Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: Yamaha CRW-F1 Driver Problem - 11/8/2002 11:19:19 AM   
AndyP

Could this be an ASPI problem?????? Try copying wnaspi32.dll from the nero directory into c:\windows\system.

Kind Regards,
Andy

(in reply to Volleyman)
Post #: 2
RE: Yamaha CRW-F1 Driver Problem - 11/8/2002 12:56:55 PM   
Tron

Try this, go to the Device Manager and right click that drive. Now uninstall it. Then reboot. Windows should see the drive as new hardware and then reinstall it, driver and all......

"Respect our forum, other users, and our staff.... have a good time!"

CDR-INFO

(in reply to Volleyman)
Post #: 3
RE: Yamaha CRW-F1 Driver Problem - 11/8/2002 1:45:02 PM   
MP3Mogul

That would also be my suggestion for Win98 Tron. Other than that, the driver that Win98 loads for cdrom's should be all that is needed.

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to Volleyman)
Post #: 4
RE: Yamaha CRW-F1 Driver Problem - 11/8/2002 7:20:10 PM   
Burnologist

Make sure you have the Dantz update. Is the drive seen by other burning software? If it is seen then take advantage of Dantz offer of 30 days of free tech support. They should be able to help you out.

(in reply to Volleyman)
Post #: 5
RE: Yamaha CRW-F1 Driver Problem - 11/9/2002 4:01:39 AM   
Volleyman

Hi, Thank you all for your suggestions. Alas, none of them worked. I tried uninstalling the drive and reinstalling it. Same problem. Windows said no driver needed or loaded. Retrospect doesn't list a driver. Next I copied wnaspi32.dll from Nero into Windows\System (after first renaming the dll file already there so there wouldn't be 2 of them). Started Retrospect and it wouldn't run... gave me a message that it needed the original windows .dll file. I uninstalled Retrospect and reinstalled it thinking it might see the new .dll file. Same message.....it needed the original .dll file. I can copy/burn files to the drive using NERO. I have also posted to the Dantz forum and gotten several suggestions that also haven't solved the problem. Any other thoughts? Any suggestions for another Back-up program that you have used and like? Thanks again for your help.

(in reply to Volleyman)
Post #: 6
RE: Yamaha CRW-F1 Driver Problem - 11/17/2002 3:37:25 AM   
Andromeda

The RDU 3.1 update may not work for you. I have Retrospect 6, and have found that the performance with the Yamaha drive is abysmal - about 4x. To get it to work properly, I updated to the RDU 3.3 (on the Dantz site), but this makes the drive work more slowly than the 3.1 version.

I didn't seem to get Retrospect Express with my F1 - I wonder why? I went out and purchased Retrospect 6 separately...

(in reply to Volleyman)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> Yamaha CRW-F1 Driver Problem Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI