CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: PS2 HD Loader Info - HDL Dumb!   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1313 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other] >> Game consoles >> RE: PS2 HD Loader Info - HDL Dumb! Page: <<   < prev  18 19 [20] 21 22   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: PS2 HD Loader Info - HDL Dumb! - 7/22/2005 10:21:34 AM   
matiefat

hi there emperor, I just installed de hddumb and wuz trying to get started but i still get the error message. what shall i do ?

(in reply to emperor)
Post #: 305
RE: PS2 HD Loader Info - HDL Dumb! - 7/22/2005 10:56:19 AM   
matiefat

hello can some one tell me why is it that i'm still getting an error message when i attach the hd to my pc?

(in reply to emperor)
Post #: 306
RE: PS2 HD Loader Info - 7/23/2005 1:01:50 AM   
Webfaction

Hey, can anybody help me with this??????????(PS2 HDLOADER)

I've been trying this whole ps2 hdd thing for  a while
i am going insane trying to figure it out.

i've got  a ps2 hdd (formatted with winhiip) a network adapter and a downloaded version of hdloader.

I've connected the HDD to the NWA  and inserted it into my ps2, then i placed the burned copy of hdloader into the tray but all i get is the  "enter psx or ps2 format disc". I've tried reburning hdloader and i even dwnlded a different copy but everytime i try i get the same thing.
Any ideas???

thanks,
            Webfaction

(in reply to estacado)
Post #: 307
RE: PS2 HD Loader Info - HDL Dumb! - 7/30/2005 6:12:04 PM   
itsmeduh

HEy
this may be a stupid question but if i format a hard drive with hdl dumb on my computer do i need the hd loader cd to play the games on it

(in reply to RayLightning)
Post #: 308
RE: PS2 HD Loader Info - 8/10/2005 4:29:46 AM   
EECore

Just because you have a copy of HDLoader does not mean you can Bypass the PS2s CD Protection. You get this error because it's not a real PS2 CD or DVD just as you would if you were to put a burnt PS2 game in the console without a mod chip.

You have two options, install a mod chip (not reccomended) or set up the console with the swap trick. I use the latter, it works well but it was alot of work to get working.

EDIT: What i meant to say was you need a method of booting the cd you have with HDLoader on it, if you bought it, it should boot fine, if you downloaded it and burnt it you will need another way of booting that CD.

< Message edited by EECore -- 8/10/2005 11:21:52 AM >

(in reply to Webfaction)
Revisions: 2 | Post #: 309
RE: PS2 HD Loader Info - 8/10/2005 8:27:00 PM   
torrentmasta

nobody seems to mention the memory card (mc) exploit as a reliable way to use hdloader, i've used it with absolutely no problem at all.  It allows you to load hdloader and a variety of homebrew apps and run them from your hdd.  Apparently there is even a media player that play's divx and xvid movies on the ps2.  search around and find more info or if lots of people want me to provide a guide to do all this, speak now or hold your peace.

(in reply to EECore)
Post #: 310
RE: PS2 HD Loader Info - 8/10/2005 8:30:24 PM   
torrentmasta

@ itsmeduh YES you need the hd loader to access the hard drive.  If you don't use the hdloader your ps2 will not see the hd, just the normal browser the hdloader allows your ps2 to see the hd

(in reply to torrentmasta)
Post #: 311
RE: PS2 HD Loader Info - 8/10/2005 8:38:42 PM   
torrentmasta

also there is a way to ftp games directly from your computer to your ps2 using your router/hub/switch, you don't have to plug your hd into the computer anymore.  Using FlashXP and a ftp client for the ps2 it will send files to the hdd.  If anyone want me to provide a guide, speak now or hold your peace

Post #: 312
RE: PS2 HD Loader Info - HDL Dumb! - 8/10/2005 9:17:43 PM   
ryn2bigg

Hello Everyone,

I am a newbie.  I found this forum very informative.  Just about all the questions I had have already been answered.  The only question I have is about what types of files can you transfer to PS2 HDD after you have hooked it up to the computer other than games.  Is it possible to transfer video/mpeg/jpeg or mp3 files?  The XBox for example has some of these features as well as a larger HDD.  I am thinking about upgrading my PS2 but want to know if it can do more than store games.  Thanks for your input.  Sorry if you have already heard this before.

(in reply to emperor)
Post #: 313
RE: PS2 HD Loader Info - 8/11/2005 11:05:57 AM   
foofdawg

torrentmasta, I'm interested in the memory card exploit! Will it allow you to use a downloaded copy of HD Loader? I just want to be able to cut down on my loading times, and not have to use the disks to play my games (my wife is forever scratching them). I have an extra maxtor harddrive sitting around, and can probably find a network adaptor pretty cheap these days. I'm just not willing to pay for HD Loader because I won't be pirating games, just want to cut down on loading times. Thanks!

For the rest of you who keep asking the same damned questions, read the freaking posts! This is why a forum keeps all of the original posts in it, so you can read them and understand all the details, not so you can jump in 5 months into a conversation and ask for it to be repeated over and over.

Post #: 314
RE: PS2 HD Loader Info - 8/11/2005 9:36:22 PM   
torrentmasta

@ ryn2bigg as far as I know there is a media player application that can run divx,xvid but i'm not too sure about mp3s, however I don't know if you can run the app from hdloader or if it has to been run from ps2menu-k.

(in reply to foofdawg)
Post #: 315
RE: PS2 HD Loader Info - 8/11/2005 9:42:12 PM   
torrentmasta

@ foofdawg yes you can use a downloaded version but not the iso image it is a special version that loads from the memory card directly.  There is a catch though, you have to have either a usb flash memory, access to a modded console, action replay, iPod, or swap magic in order to transfer files from your computer to the memory card.  if you need more info just ask

Post #: 316
RE: PS2 HD Loader Info - HDL Dumb! - 8/17/2005 10:58:30 AM   
max123_ind

Hello everyone. I have a new slim PS2 .. some 7000 number or something, it has a modchip inside it. I donno name of mod-chip but i got it like that.

Now i wanna make it use a HDD. I read thru some posts in this thread and i have thsese questions :

1) Does tyhe slim model support HDD method of playing?
2) Since I have a slim PS2 that has a network plug behind, do i still need a network adapter that i need to buy?
3) If i use Maxtor/Seagate HDDs will it let me save my games?

Thansk for your replies :D    

(in reply to matiefat)
Post #: 317
RE: PS2 HD Loader Info - HDL Dumb! - 8/17/2005 11:10:07 AM   
max123_ind

One last question : Will the HDLoader load backup games to HDD? If not should i use some other software to do it?

(in reply to max123_ind)
Post #: 318
RE: PS2 HD Loader Info - HDL Dumb! - 8/17/2005 5:56:48 PM   
torrentmasta

@max123

1 The slimline does NOT support a hdd
2 No you do not need another network adapter, it is built in to the slimline
3 not sure what your asking but heres both answers, you can save games(actual game) to both those types of hdd's.  but if you meant games saves(game progress saves) those still have to be saved to a memory card

and last but not least..................

you can NOT save backup games with hdloader only retail games  however you can load backups onto your hdd using WINHIIP or HDL DUMB or you can FTP the iso's to your hdd with an FTP CLIENT

(in reply to max123_ind)
Post #: 319
RE: PS2 HD Loader Info - 8/19/2005 2:29:12 PM   
NoFear1183

quote:

ORIGINAL: torrentmasta

nobody seems to mention the memory card (mc) exploit as a reliable way to use hdloader, i've used it with absolutely no problem at all.  It allows you to load hdloader and a variety of homebrew apps and run them from your hdd.  Apparently there is even a media player that play's divx and xvid movies on the ps2.  search around and find more info or if lots of people want me to provide a guide to do all this, speak now or hold your peace.

That is exactly what I want to do...  If you could PLEASE post a guide or something, that would be GREAT.  I want to run the exploit off the HD instead of burning a CD.  I have the Matrix Infinity chip and HDA, and I will put the exploit on the HD through PC by connecting it directly.  Thank you in advance
~NoFear~

Post #: 320
Page:   <<   < prev  18 19 [20] 21 22   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other] >> Game consoles >> RE: PS2 HD Loader Info - HDL Dumb! Page: <<   < prev  18 19 [20] 21 22   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI