A Problem concerning how to add subtitles from SRT, SUB to a DIVX video and encode to a VCD/SVCD [ mpeg]
Here is my story.
I have downloaded a film called “Murder by numbers”. This film is of 717,448KB with a resolution of 640x352 and .avi extension.
Separately, I downloaded the equivalent srt subtitle for this film.
The subtitle was prepared and synchronised for this downloaded version of the film, has a framerate of 23.976fps, is subrip format and has the same name as the film.
Film: Murder.By.Numbers. .Cd1.AC3.DVL.ShareReactor.avi
Subtitle: Murder.By.Numbers. .Cd1.AC3.DVL.ShareReactor.srt
Now I open SRT to SSA converter version 1.0 and convert with
Input as : C:\new9\Murder.By.Numbers.(2002).CD1.AC3.DVL.ShareReactor.srt
Output : C:\ new9\Murder.By.Numbers.(2002).CD1.AC3.DVL.ShareReactor.ssa
I launch Sub Station Alpha version 4.08 and under file I open the converted .ssa subtitle
and then directly save it as:
Before opening ´VirtualDub’, I go the ´VirtualDub’ directory, open it and press ´AuxSetup.exe’ and then press ´Install handler’. The reason I do this before launching VirtualDub is because later on I can’t do this, as when I have tried I get this message:
“ ´vdsvrlnk.dll’ is in use. It cannot be installed right now.
If you have any copies of VirtualDub or any programs that may be using VirtualDub’s AVIfile handler, please close them and then click OK to retry the operation.”
So I do it before launching VirtualDub to avoid this problem later on.
Now I open VirtualDub ver 1.4.10 or VirtualDub ver 1.4.9, it doesn’t matter which, as the problem I have is the same whether I use one or the other. Then I carry out the following:
1. File->Open and open the Video.
2. Select Video->Filter to configure the subtitler filter. I select ´subtitler-----------Avery Lee and press ‘ok’ which opens the ‘Subtitler: Configuration’ window/box and I
3. Open the the created .ssa file that I have made with Sub Station Alpha by clicking on the ... and then press ‘Show preview’ to check that the subtitles appear on the film. When I am sure they do I press ok under ‘Subtitler:Configuration’ which takes me to the ‘Filters’ window/box where I press ok.
4.This brings me back to the Virtualdub Preview where I see one complete screen with no divisions and no subtitles appearing here, yet they appeared under point three.
5. And now it's time to "Frameserve" the Video directly to TMPGEnc. I select Select File->Start Frame Server.
6. A Frame Server Setup window appears, and when I click Start a save window appears, where I Save the file as anything.vdr.
7. And now this window appears, and it says Frameclients installed: AVIFile only, and I don't click on the ‘Stop Serving’.
8. Now it's time to Encode the frameserved video to MPG. I Launch TMPGEnc.
I Open the .vdr by select Files of types: All files and TMPGEnc. Plus 2.5 version 220.127.116.11, core version 1.90.138 informs me “ ILLEGAL STREAM FORMAT.”I get the same message when I add this subtitle to a video and encode to a VCD/SVCD using Virtualdub, Sub Station Alpha and TMPGEnc. TMPGEnc always informs me that it is “ILLEGAL STREAM FORMAT”.
1. IS THERE A SOLUTION TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM IN ORDER TO ENCODE IT TO A VCD/SVCD?
2.WILL ALL SUBTITLES DOWNLOADED FROM ‘http://dvd.box.sk/’ AND ADDED TO .AVI FILMS DOWNLOADED FROM KAZAA SUFFER THE SAME PROBLEM OR AM I DOING SOMETHING WRONG, AND IF SO WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?