CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Upside down image in VCD   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1514 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> Video >> Upside down image in VCD Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Upside down image in VCD - 6/18/2004 5:45:15 AM   
rajas75

I burned a movie using Nero 5.5 software. But when i view the film in a VCD Player, i get the image upside down. If i view it from the CD in my computer, its upside down. But if i copy it onto my computer and view it, its fine. What could be the reson and how do i correct it?
Post #: 1
[Deleted] - 6/18/2004 8:16:36 AM   
Deleted User
[Deleted by Admins]

(in reply to rajas75)
  Post #: 2
RE: Upside down image in VCD - 6/18/2004 8:46:17 AM   
kogos

quote:

ORIGINAL: rajas75

I burned a movie using Nero 5.5 software. But when i view the film in a VCD Player, i get the image upside down. If i view it from the CD in my computer, its upside down. But if i copy it onto my computer and view it, its fine. What could be the reson and how do i correct it?

well, you can always turn your monitor upside down ... problem solved... just kiding...

This small bug is caused because of wmv9 that changes the video filter settings and, as it is usually called, ''flip image effect''... You can do one of the following to resolve this:

1. Use TMPGEnc first to convert your video file to mpeg vcd compatible... you might need some extra codec to convert the audio channel... Then use nero to burn the produced mpeg file, and you are ready to watch the movie... If you need some more info about the VFAPI plug-in (you'll find it in environmental settings, in TMPGEnc) just post...
2. You should uninstall nimo codec pack if you have it installs... With nimo pack you get all the codecs, but in some cases you have some compatibility issues that causes several problems (like the flip image effect).. just find the codecs you need and install them seperatly... Try opening the file with VitualDub and frameserve it to TMPGEnc... This is the best way to do it but it takes a lot of time...
3. Use ffdshow filter... but with this filter, the movie will still play upside down in some standalone dvd players...

hope this helps...

P.S.: When NASA discovered that pens would not work in space, they spent $5,000,000 on research and development and 15,000 man hours into one that would work. Their result was a pen that wrote underwater and was also able to write upsidedown and in zero gravity. When the Russian Space Agency was confronted with the same problem they simply used a pencil. So, as i said before, turn your monitor upside down... .

< Message edited by kogos -- 6/18/2004 8:47:46 AM >

(in reply to rajas75)
Post #: 3
RE: Upside down image in VCD - 6/18/2004 10:09:39 AM   
Laffin Assassin

quote:

ORIGINAL: kogos

P.S.: When NASA discovered that pens would not work in space, they spent $5,000,000 on research and development and 15,000 man hours into one that would work. Their result was a pen that wrote underwater and was also able to write upsidedown and in zero gravity. When the Russian Space Agency was confronted with the same problem they simply used a pencil. So, as i said before, turn your monitor upside down... .

And the pen that they used was the FISHER SPACE PEN and I have had one of these for quite a few years !!!

Speaking Without Thinking, Is Like Shooting Without Aiming !!!

(in reply to kogos)
Post #: 4
[Deleted] - 6/18/2004 5:48:32 PM   
Deleted User
[Deleted by Admins]

(in reply to Laffin Assassin)
  Post #: 5
[Deleted] - 6/18/2004 5:56:47 PM   
Deleted User
[Deleted by Admins]

(in reply to Deleted User)
  Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> Video >> Upside down image in VCD Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI