CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

XBOX Game Console Setup   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1027 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other] >> Game consoles >> XBOX Game Console Setup Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
XBOX Game Console Setup - 6/16/2004 4:54:19 AM   
skillz

Allright. Me being the retard I am. Tried to hook my XBOX hard drive up to my computer. It locked my XBOX hard drive and now it don't work. Does anyone know how to fix this? Or maybe have a link to download a XBOX game console setup cd or something of this sort? It would be really helpfull and apperciated if I could get some assistance in getting it to work agian. I would send it in to microsoft, but 1.) I voided Warrnty by opening it. 2.) I have heard nothing but bad things about there customer service. So anything that would help would be great.
Thanls,
James
Post #: 1
RE: XBOX Game Console Setup - 6/16/2004 5:06:16 AM   
emperor

There should be many sites with such information, how to install XBOX HDD drives, unlock them etc, i would suggest searching around http://www.google.com , I don't own a XBOX to help you

(in reply to skillz)
Post #: 2
RE: XBOX Game Console Setup - 6/18/2004 3:54:27 AM   
Leviathan

Don't worry. Xbox is the hacker's playground and you can do whatever you imagine with it. A friend of mine even managed to overclock his Xbox!

I'll ask him about your problem, stay tuned..

(in reply to skillz)
Post #: 3
RE: XBOX Game Console Setup - 6/22/2004 5:26:40 AM   
Leviathan

You will need a key code that unlocks your locked Xbox HD and the Evolution-X program.

The OEM bios generates the unlock key “on the fly”. That is it generates a unique key or password which is dependant upon several things.

This password is generated by looking at your Xbox’s unique serial number, configuration, revision level and the information obtained from your hard drive itself.

This in turn means that you cannot simply use a password from another drive or Xbox to unlock your hard drive. Instead you must figure out what the Xbox is going to use as an unlock password for your new replacement drive. Fortunately the Evolution-X hackers have made a wonderful tool to do this thing.

This “tool” is built into the Evolution-X dashboards “backup” command. The “backup” command figures out what password the Xbox will use to unlock the drive. It places the password/key into the C:\Backup directory in a file called hddinfo.txt.

This is why Evolution-X must be installed and running on the Xbox and drive that you intend to lock first.

For more info about unlocking you Xbox hard disk read here

(in reply to Leviathan)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Other] >> Game consoles >> XBOX Game Console Setup Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll