CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Problem with Plextor 24x   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1276 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> Problem with Plextor 24x Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Problem with Plextor 24x - 8/25/2001 9:43:23 AM   
alex_p

Hello everybody,

I have just bought the plextor 24x and I am quite happy about it .
But , I have a little problem

Whenever I insert a blank cd , when the lens of the burner is moving before stopping : it can take few second or more , sometimes it will fail and therefore the led will flicker (green led).

What I found strange is that the burner lens can have different behaviour with a same blank cd ! (For example , I have inserted a blank mitsui cd : 1st time it gave me an error (disc not recognised) , 2nd time : disc was well recognised after few second)
In all cases , I have verified that there were absolutely no dust on the blank media I have inserted.

I guess that most of this is due to the Optical Power Calibration (feature of PoweRec II) , but I really find it very slow and not effective since it can fail/succeed analysing a same blank cd.

So , I would be pleased if all owner of the Plextor 2410TA can tell me if they had same result when inserting blank cd .

Also , please tell me which cd brands (74mn and 80mn) you are totally satisfy with .

Last thing , my plextor 2410A is from July 2001 and TLA is #100

Post #: 1
RE: Problem with Plextor 24x - 8/25/2001 11:51:39 AM   
john

We didn't had your problem. We had recognize problems with WRITTEN CD-R media. All blanks we used recognized but we had few coasters with Imation 80min 16x media (only at 24x writing speed).

Visit www.cdrinfo.com - The Recording Authority

(in reply to alex_p)
Post #: 2
RE: Problem with Plextor 24x - 8/25/2001 11:26:24 PM   
KenL

I didn't have any of those problems and so far my Plex24x works with any disk I have tried although I have only tried 6 or 7 different brands. It sounds like there is something wrong with your drive. Maybe you should try to get it replaced if you can.

(in reply to alex_p)
Post #: 3
RE: Problem with Plextor 24x - 8/27/2001 11:43:47 PM   
DantesAID

Hello...
I did not have your problem....
The only one that i've got was with CDs that were already had some stuff on them... Like DVX movies and with some others.

Dantes[AID]

(in reply to alex_p)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> Problem with Plextor 24x Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI