CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Win 2k Won't Shut Down ((Installed InstantCD 6.5))   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 909 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Win 2k Won't Shut Down ((Installed InstantCD 6.5)) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Win 2k Won't Shut Down ((Installed InstantCD 6.5)) - 9/29/2002 7:47:45 AM   
BG

I just installed InstantCD/DVD 6.5 and now Windows 2000 takes forever to shut down. Saves settings and then just hangs at the blue screen for minutes.

I already unchecked a few things in "Startup" and uninstalled Easy CD Creator and Direct CD (no help).

Uninstalled InstantCD - Windows shutsdown normally.
Reinstalled - same problem. Please e-mail me directly

Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: Win 2k Won't Shut Down ((Installed InstantCD 6.5)) - 9/29/2002 8:12:39 AM   
john

Sounds like a big bug. Email them to report this!

Visit www.cdrinfo.com - The Recording Authority

(in reply to BG)
Post #: 2
RE: Win 2k Won't Shut Down ((Installed InstantCD 6.5)) - 9/29/2002 4:29:22 PM   
MP3Mogul

BG,
As John stated this above, you need to email some bug reports to the company, and it might not be a bad idea to also email microsoft. If you remember, Windows 98 had a million issues with shutdowns, and they issued patches for this issue. I don't think this is a problem for Win2000 however, it's more than likely an issue with just the software, especially since after you removed it everything is fine. Does Win2K offer you the option of right clicking the program and "run-as" option? If it does, you may want to experiment with this as a quick resolution.

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to BG)
Post #: 3
RE: Win 2k Won't Shut Down ((Installed InstantCD 6.5)) - 9/29/2002 10:04:30 PM   
BG

I e-mailed the company that makes InstantCD. I only have the demo, so not sure if they will help me (they asked for a serial no.). Windows 2000 does not have compatabiliy mode like XP.

I didn't mention that I also have a conflict with the Primary IDE Channel. I posted this on other forums and have not got much help
(this happened much earlier):

Windows 2000 was working OK, but Ultra DMA could not be enabled
(at the time I did not know that SP2 fixes this problem & DMA works).
So I downloaded the latest VIA 4-in-1 drivers, uninstalled the older ones, installed the update and then things got even worse.

An SCSI/RAID driver was installed (was NOT installed before). This is causing a conflict with the Primary IDE Channel. I “uninstalled” it and it still shows in the Device Manager (now with a yellow exclamation mark).

This is what it says in Primary IDE Channel, under the Device Status tab:

This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12). If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system.

Both the Primary IDE Channel and the SCSI/RAID controller are on IRQ 14. Uninstalling the SCSI driver doesn’t get rid of it, it comes
back as the computer boots up. Installing SP2 didn’t help either (would if I could get rid of SCSI).

Motherboard is ECS K7VMA, with AMD Duron 800 - Works great on other computer with same hardware and software (UDMA enabeled) - very fast computer (this one has a W.D. 40GB, 7200RPM, ATA100)

Seagate 20GB, 7200RPM, ATA100 - Mobo supports ATA100 and has on board audio and video

(in reply to BG)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Win 2k Won't Shut Down ((Installed InstantCD 6.5)) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI