CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Write-protection problem - Back-up of DVD not possible   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 705 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Copy >> RE: Write-protection problem - Back-up of DVD not possible Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Write-protection problem - Back-up of DVD not possible - 5/11/2004 3:17:12 AM   
Max39

Thanks everybody for really helpful advice. it's all been very much appreciated.

(in reply to vbguru_12000)
Post #: 17
RE: Write-protection problem - Back-up of DVD not possible - 6/9/2004 4:52:25 AM   
noscin

quote:

ORIGINAL: MP3Mogul

Yes, I mostly use Shrink to do the entire job, and Nero to burn. There are a few limitations to this however.... Shrink doesn't like scratched media at "all" and it will return an error code, when Decrypter doesn't have this problem.

Also, I have ran across 3 DVD's that Shrink would simply not decrypt, but using Decrypter I was able to make backups.

Hi, I just would like to add on to what MP3Mogul has said. DVD Shrink does not have a re-try option when it returns an error code, however, DVD Decryptor will allow you to retry until it proceed to finish the process.

(in reply to MP3Mogul)
Post #: 18
RE: Write-protection problem - Back-up of DVD not possible - 6/9/2004 5:11:41 AM   
scuba_steve

Personally I first use dvddecrypter to rip the dvd to the hard disk either as an iso image or just the plain files.
Then i mount the iso image using daemon tools, and finally use dvdshrink to compress the movie.
While this requires a bit more time and disk space, you can experiment with different settings in shrink without reading from the original dvd every time.

(in reply to noscin)
Post #: 19
RE: Write-protection problem - Back-up of DVD not possible - 6/20/2004 10:09:37 PM   
GDEP148

id suggest using DVD X COPY if you have a chance to find it, im not sure but i heard its banned now. It puts the dvd on your hard drive, compresses it onto 1 dvd, and writes it all in the same program with one click of the mouse

(in reply to vbguru_12000)
Post #: 20
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Copy >> RE: Write-protection problem - Back-up of DVD not possible Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI