CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: LTR-48125W problems   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 558 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> RE: LTR-48125W problems Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: LTR-48125W problems - 9/13/2002 5:37:39 PM   
Streetwolf

Even though CDR's read on my Lite-On report tons of errors, my DVD/CD drive seems to read them with no noticable problems. Not even slowdowns.

I just can't use my Lite-On to read them. Too much slowdown.

Streetwolf

(in reply to Streetwolf)
Post #: 17
RE: LTR-48125W problems - 9/14/2002 1:17:40 PM   
crazed burner

chung_chang ... Your problems seemed to be revolving around Nero CDSpeed’s Scandisc.

I have just done some tests of my Karaoke VCDs with Nero Scandisc. Most of them came up with all green dots meaning no errors.
However, occasionally some copied discs came up with many yellow dots meaning they are damaged sectors. Funny thing is different reader will show different number of damaged sectors and they occurred in different places for the same disc. Another thing, the results also vary between version 0.85 and version 1.0 and also at different times in a day.
I also did tests on the original commercial Karaoke disc that the copied disc showed lots of damaged sectors. The original disc in fact showed even more damaged sectors (yellow dots 65%). Another reader showed the original disc having not only many yellow dots but also heaps of red dots.
And yet the supposedly terribly bad originals and their copied CD-Rs played flawlessly in all the readers that Nero Scandisc was used.
So the question is, are your copied CD-Rs made from your writer really really bad? If you have a single error in your copied software program, your PC would simply get hung if you were to run it. If it was an audio disc it will replay with pops, bangs and screeches. That would prove you do have errors. If your copied disc works flawlessly, I think you should not put too much importance on the Nero Scandissc test results.
I am still quite happy with my Karaoke VCDs even though Nero Scandisc reported they contain heaps and heaps of yellow and red dots.

(in reply to Streetwolf)
Post #: 18
RE: LTR-48125W problems - 9/14/2002 7:51:39 PM   
chung_chang

Yes crazed burner, I have seen inconsistent results as well. I have never used NERO CD Speed before I bought this new burner. However, after having problems reading/playing burned CD-Rs in many CD/DVD units, I started to check those CD-Rs with CD Speed and thus found the burner problems. As for my results, let me see if I can put them in a table format:

..................CD-R burned...........CD-R burned..........
..................w/LTR-48125W..........w/LTR-24102B.........
Dell Optiplex.....unable to read........no problem...........
CD-ROM............parts of CD-R .............................
Compaq (?)........slow to hung data.....no problem...........
DVD-ROM...........read.......................................
Daewoo 5000N......few SVCD produced.....no problem...........
DVD Player........skips and blocks...........................
Toshiba (?).......many SVCD produced....no problem...........
DVD Player........skips and blocks...........................
Yamakawa 218......many SVCD are unable..no problem...........
DVD Player........to play....................................
LTR-48125W........10%-25% damaged.......100% perfect.........
as reader.........data in CD Speed......results in CD Speed..
LTR-24102B........5%-15% damaged........< 5% damage data.....
as reader.........data in CD Speed......in CD Speed..........

Sorry for all the dots as I couldn't use 'space' to align the table. CD-Rs used in above testing are Fuji-Taiyo Yudens as they produced the least errors. Other CD-R brands resulted in much worse results. CD Speed used in above testing is v1.0. Smart-burn is turned on. Burn speeds for LTR-48125W is either 40x(Smart-burn detected) or 24x(forced). Burn speed for LTR-24102B is always 24x(max). Many results are estimates as I don't own those devices and had to trouble my friends to test for me. But the results are relatively correct.

Tonight, I'll install Win98SE to rule out O/S as a factor.

(in reply to Streetwolf)
Post #: 19
RE: LTR-48125W problems - 9/15/2002 6:14:31 AM   
chung_chang

Win98SE......same problem. Guess it's RMA time if shipping is not too much. Else, I'll just wait and catch the next almost free deal. Just a thought, maybe there's a batch of defective units. Mine's manufactured in June, 2002. Thanks for everyone's suggestions!

(in reply to Streetwolf)
Post #: 20
RE: LTR-48125W problems - 9/15/2002 5:20:13 PM   
Streetwolf

Yep. Mine was also manufactured in June 2002!

Streetwolf

(in reply to Streetwolf)
Post #: 21
RE: LTR-48125W problems - 9/15/2002 8:52:14 PM   
chung_chang

Others who are having this problem, what were your manufactured dates? If all have same problems with June, it might be a good idea to email/post to Liteon and see if they'll do recall with pre-paid shipping.

For those who just bought the unit, please check the date and test it right away. If you have the same problem, return it right away and don't waste time continuing testing it.

I have already returned mine to vendor and got another re-branded Liteon 48125W. This one is manufactured in May, 2002. After flashing to VS06, my first burn on Fuji(Taiyo) produced 100% error-free CD-R at 40x. Works fine in other CD/DVD-ROMs. I have already burned 10 or so CD-Rs back-to-back non-stop and all werer 100% error-free. So, the other definitely was a defective unit.

(in reply to Streetwolf)
Post #: 22
RE: LTR-48125W problems - 9/15/2002 9:35:23 PM   
Streetwolf

chung_chang:

How long did it take to get a replacement unit?

I just got my RMA number and I'll probably ship it out tomorrow.

Streetwolf

(in reply to Streetwolf)
Post #: 23
RE: LTR-48125W problems - 9/16/2002 4:48:43 AM   
chung_chang

I returned mine back to where I bought it from. Got another one for exchange. I opened the new one at the store to make sure it was a Liteon 48125W and had a different manufactured date. Good luck.

(in reply to Streetwolf)
Post #: 24
RE: LTR-48125W problems - 9/25/2002 11:30:23 AM   
dreamaster16

OMG! I was having the same problems you guys were having with your liteons, except that mine was the LTR32123 (Liteon 32X).

Drive burned fine when I got it. Then it died ever so slowly. Started getting errors on all sorts of media, during all sorts of burns: nero cd speed reported errors, then finally showed the drive wouldn't even complete any of the burning tests at all. Sometimes it would complete the burning tests, but the actual burns would sadly fail.

I eventually tried reducing the burning speed in increments, and got down to 4x (which is ridiculous). The rewriting worked fine though :\
At that point I had to believe it was drive failure.

I ended up having to RMA the thing, and have been stranded without a burner since. (Still trying to decide what make and model to get now.)

This isn't the first drive Liteon has had this kind of problem with.

(in reply to Streetwolf)
Post #: 25
RE: LTR-48125W problems - 9/25/2002 7:16:41 PM   
ferbal

I have a 40125S and also was having too many errors. It makes no difference what CDR or speed I use. Mine is manufactured in may'02. Had it OC to 48x. I'd tested it with all the FW (in 40 and 48X) availables and nothing. So returned to the original (ZS0F) and uninstalled also the Intel Aplication Accelerator (IAA). Nothing
A few days ago I uninstall all burning SW (I had 3 at the same time: Nero, ECDC and CloneCD) and re-install Nero ONLY, without the IAA and this seems to solve the problem. Until now I had burned 20+ CDs (TDK, Imation, Ritek), at different speeds and get no (zero)errors on the Nero Speed Disk (Scan and quality check).
Can someone confirm if this corrects the problem [?]
I have also a Intel MOBO, P4 @1.7 GHZ, 256 MB RIM, 2x40GB HD and 1 PIONEER 106 DVD. All with the latest firmware/bios/drivers.
Sorry my english. Fernando

(in reply to Streetwolf)
Post #: 26
RE: LTR-48125W problems - 9/29/2002 3:04:42 PM   
Allan

My new LiteOn 48/12/48x came with firmware rev. 2S07 thats a brand new version isnt it?

(in reply to Streetwolf)
Post #: 27
RE: LTR-48125W problems - 9/29/2002 5:07:10 PM   
techmiester

Yes, that's for the LTR-48126S model with the mediatek 6 chip.

t/m

(in reply to Streetwolf)
Post #: 28
RE: LTR-48125W problems - 9/30/2002 1:56:06 AM   
Allan

My new LiteOn 40/12/48x makes "dammaged blocks" in 16x and uncover. errors in 24x when using 24x rated 80min Verbatim (Mitsubishi) CD-Rs
the dammanged blocks always apear at the end of the disc.

(in reply to Streetwolf)
Post #: 29
RE: LTR-48125W problems - 9/30/2002 1:50:06 PM   
john

LiteOn drives hate MC media...

Visit www.cdrinfo.com - The Recording Authority

(in reply to Streetwolf)
Post #: 30
RE: LTR-48125W problems - 9/30/2002 9:17:10 PM   
ferbal

Allan, this is something Iīd read somewhere.
If you use the TAO method (track at once) you always get "unrecover errors" (red blocks) at the end of the burn, but the burn itīs OK. If you donīt want these red blocks at the end, use DAO (disk at once).
Fernando

(in reply to Streetwolf)
Post #: 31
RE: LTR-48125W problems - 10/1/2002 3:44:15 PM   
jimmyjamesjimmy

yup good old liteon. sif i'll buy a liteon again. I remember using their cd-roms from a few years ago, gawd damn they were badly made, doesn't surprise me that their burners are too. sure they got a reputation for being fast but their build quality is shocking.
Like they say: once shame one me twice shame on them.

and I got the same probs with my 32x 32123S and would you believe it assembled in june.
seems to write cd-rw no probs but can't burn audio, even at 8x. just aborts the burn randomly during the burn.
updated firmware, via mb drivers, nero, aspi layer.
checked dma mode, tried different ata cable, tried older via 4.37v drivers. sif a burner can't write audio tracks.

what does everyone think of the LG burners? 32x, 40x and 48x?
I've sold quite a few of the 32x and the 40x's and haven't had any probs so far, also heard the mistubishi's are good but i haven't tried them yet.

(in reply to Streetwolf)
Post #: 32
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> RE: LTR-48125W problems Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI