CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

wnaspi and other questions   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1260 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> wnaspi and other questions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
wnaspi and other questions - 9/6/2002 7:06:30 PM   
ke4ruf

Sorry this will be a long post. New and need some help.

First, what exactly is aspi/winaspi? What does it actually do and do all burning programs require it?

Now, I am running XP on a system that is an AMD Thunderbird 700 with 256MB Ram, Asus A7V Mainboard, Western Digital ATA100 40GB, 56x reader by I/O Magic, and a Plextor 12/10/32A.

Problems: If I run NTI, as soon as the disc is done burning, the system locks up.

When using EZ CD Creator 5.02d if I drag about 17 or so MP3's in to be burned to audio disc, atleast/usually one of them will be chopped down to 1 minute in length. ? Beyond me. I've used an alternate program to re-encode the offending MP3 and usually after that it will bring in the full song and not shorten it.

Most agrivating problem. I want to be able to burn audio cd's from mp3 files hopefully with normalizing, without having to convert each one individually first. The only program I know of that will do this is MP3CDMAKER found at zy2000.com. However if I choose max burn speed it will burn the lead-in and eject a coaster and pops up a message that says it had a buffer underun (on a plextor?). If I choose anything less, say 8x, 6x, 4x, 2x, etc. it ejects the disc without burning anything.

I use Verbatim DataLife Plus and/or Verbatim DataLifePlus Colors.

I also use a program called CDEX for converting from MP3 to WAV and vice-versa. When it starts it says that I have no wnaspi32.dll.

So I started doing some checking. I had no wnaspi. So I downloaded the aspi 470 file. I also noticed my firmware on the plextor was version 1.05 so I downloaded the newest 1.10. Installed the aspi and tried to do the firmware upgrade. Would not take it. No way, No how. Called Plextor tech support 3 times yesturday. Well, before this, I was trying to find one of my programs that would work, so I went from Roxio (uninstalled) to NTI (installed) locked-up the system (uninstalled). Tried to install Nero, said it does not recognize this drive. So had none installed when I tried to do the firmware. Luckily before doing all of this, I made an image using Powerquest Drive Image.

Gave up and went back to the image I had made of my system from the day before, with Roxio EZ CD Creator 5.02d. Immediately tried to install the new firmware for the Plextor and it took. Removing roxio and/or Nero installation/not, or NTI install/uninstall, one of these did something that made the firmware unable to see the drive and would not take.

Firmware now upgraded on Plextor 12/10/32A to Version 1.10 and using EZ CD Creator 5.02d. Still have not put the aspi in (afraid to).

But continue to get coasters or non-burnt discs from MP3CDMAKER.

I read another post where someone said to change in Device Manager to DMA mode if available. My system is set for PIO mode 4.

I havn't tried changing to DMA mode if available yet, but will after posting this book.

Any ideas, clues, hints? Anyone familiar with MP3CDMAKER have this problem? Which burning programs work best with XP and the Plextor 12/10/32A? Do I really need aspi or is that my problem in the first place?

Sorry for the long post. Any help greatly appreciated.
Post #: 1
RE: wnaspi and other questions - 9/6/2002 8:48:01 PM   
Laffin Assassin

Hi ke4ruf and Welcome to the Forum !!!
You Say "I also use a program called CDEX for converting from MP3 to WAV and vice-versa. When it starts it says that I have no wnaspi32.dll."
If you go to:-
http://www.cdrinfo.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6059
And Download the ASPI FIX this should cure this problem but make sure you follow the Instructions on the text file included with the ASPI FIX !!!
I hope this helps !!!

Speaking Without Thinking, Is Like Shooting Without Aiming !!!

(in reply to ke4ruf)
Post #: 2
RE: wnaspi and other questions - 9/6/2002 10:20:59 PM   
ke4ruf

Thanks. I got latest version of CDEX and when starting the program it doesn't come up with the error any more.

Earlier I went into Device Manager and changed the PIO only to DMA if available on the Primary and Secondary ATAPI devices. I thought this would be ok since I'm running an Asus board with a seperate ATA100 controller, the hard drive doesn't actually show up in the bios unter primary master. The primary master in the bios is the plextor. Well, it somehow put my FAT in a crunch and the system wouldn't boot. Lucked out. Booted with 98 bootdisk, Ran fdisk /mbr then formated c: Don't do this at home. I had an image made yesturday by Drive Image on my D: partition along with the Drive Image program and was able to restore it to c:

back up.

Thanks

(in reply to ke4ruf)
Post #: 3
RE: wnaspi and other questions - 9/6/2002 10:24:44 PM   
ke4ruf

Will aspi interfear with Roxio EZ CD Creator 5.02d? I know some burning programs can't be installed at the same time like NTI and Roxio.
ASPI have anything to do with that?

(in reply to ke4ruf)
Post #: 4
RE: wnaspi and other questions - 9/6/2002 11:17:30 PM   
Laffin Assassin

If you have got everything running just leave it as it is !!!

Speaking Without Thinking, Is Like Shooting Without Aiming !!!

(in reply to ke4ruf)
Post #: 5
RE: wnaspi and other questions - 9/7/2002 12:57:32 AM   
MP3Mogul

Posted - 09/06/2002 : 23:17:30
quote:
If you have got everything running just leave it as it is !!!

Daddy always said, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to ke4ruf)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> wnaspi and other questions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI