CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Overclock Cyber Drive CW068D   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 468 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> Firmware >> Overclock Cyber Drive CW068D Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Overclock Cyber Drive CW068D - 8/25/2002 6:04:20 PM   
PeterT

 

Posts: 8
Joined: 8/21/2002
From: USA
Status: offline
This drive is a 36x12x48. Please let me know if somebody out there already dit it. Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: Overclock Cyber Drive CW068D - 8/25/2002 6:33:26 PM   
Laffin Assassin


Posts: 4642
Status: offline
Hi PeterT
Sorry No I don't think it can and I think it is a based on the MITSUMI CR48XC !!!
By the way I deleted your other Topic as it was Indentical to this one !!!


_____________________________

Speaking Without Thinking, Is Like Shooting Without Aiming !!!

(in reply to PeterT)
Post #: 2
RE: Overclock Cyber Drive CW068D - 8/26/2002 7:08:46 AM   
Clint


Posts: 2151
Joined: 9/11/2001
From: Australia
Status: offline
quote:
Originally posted by Laffin Assassin

Hi PeterT
Sorry No I don't think it can and I think it is a based on the MITSUMI CR48XC !!!
By the way I deleted your other Topic as it was Indentical to this one !!!



No way, Cyber Drive design and manufacturer their own recorders and DVD-ROM's! [^]


_____________________________


_________________
You Get What You Pay For...

(in reply to PeterT)
Post #: 3
RE: Overclock Cyber Drive CW068D - 8/26/2002 7:58:20 AM   
Laffin Assassin


Posts: 4642
Status: offline
Hey Clint
If you had bothered to read the post fully you would have seen that I put BASED ON and not Re-badged or Copied !
Here is a list of CyberDrive Writers and the Writers they are Compatible With... (And I presume that means the BASED ON but I am sure you will say different)
Cyberdrive "CDRW602 1.20" PHILIPS CDD3600
Cyberdrive "CDRW602" PHILIPS CDD3600
CyberDrive "CW017D CD-R/RW" PHILIPS CDD4800
CyberDrive "CW018D CD-R/RW" PHILIPS CDD4800
CyberDrive "CW028D CD-R/RW" PHILIPS PCRW1208
CyberDrive "CW038D CD-R/RW" PHILIPS PCRW1610
CyberDrive "CW043D CD-R/RW" PHILIPS CDD4200
CyberDrive "CW048D CD-R/RW" MITSUMI CR4809
CyberDrive "CW058D CD-R/RW" MITSUMI CR48XA
CyberDrive "CW068D CD-R/RW" MITSUMI CR48XC
I am not saying that they don't make their own Drives but are you saying that Mitsumi and Philips are not the ones that CyberDrive are BASED ONE !!! And what is up with you Today get out of the Wrong side of the bed or are you smoking Something !!!!!


_____________________________

Speaking Without Thinking, Is Like Shooting Without Aiming !!!

(in reply to PeterT)
Post #: 4
RE: Overclock Cyber Drive CW068D - 8/26/2002 9:15:42 AM   
john

 

Posts: 4038
Joined: 12/24/2000
From: Greece
Status: offline
For sure they use same chipsets but i don't think are the same drives, at least the performance differences are huge


_____________________________

Visit www.cdrinfo.com - The Recording Authority

(in reply to PeterT)
Post #: 5
RE: Overclock Cyber Drive CW068D - 8/27/2002 3:35:39 AM   
Clint


Posts: 2151
Joined: 9/11/2001
From: Australia
Status: offline
quote:
Originally posted by Laffin Assassin

Hey Clint
If you had bothered to read the post fully you would have seen that I put BASED ON and not Re-badged or Copied !





I seen that, "based on" 'usually' means rebadged...

quote:
Originally posted by Laffin Assassin

Cyberdrive "CDRW602 1.20" PHILIPS CDD3600
Cyberdrive "CDRW602" PHILIPS CDD3600
CyberDrive "CW017D CD-R/RW" PHILIPS CDD4800
CyberDrive "CW018D CD-R/RW" PHILIPS CDD4800
CyberDrive "CW028D CD-R/RW" PHILIPS PCRW1208
CyberDrive "CW038D CD-R/RW" PHILIPS PCRW1610
CyberDrive "CW043D CD-R/RW" PHILIPS CDD4200
CyberDrive "CW048D CD-R/RW" MITSUMI CR4809
CyberDrive "CW058D CD-R/RW" MITSUMI CR48XA
CyberDrive "CW068D CD-R/RW" MITSUMI CR48XC




Have you a source for this list please


quote:
Originally posted by Laffin Assassin

are you saying that Mitsumi and Philips are not the ones that CyberDrive are BASED ONE !!!




Cyberdrives aren't 'based on' anyone else's designs, but they do use the same chipsets as other manufacturers. For example one thing that leads me to believe that list is 'false' is because the CWO38D was the first drive in the world to support 12X RW speeds and the Phillip's you list as 'based on' chipset only has a max rewrite of 10X...

That Cyber Drive in fact uses OAK chipsets and uses the same ExacLink ICs chipsets as the Mitsumi CR-4808TE, so I dunno where the Phillip's came in there...

"Compatible with" could mean lots of things... I.e. MMC read commands etc. Can you please be a little more specific?!!


_____________________________


_________________
You Get What You Pay For...

(in reply to PeterT)
Post #: 6
RE: Overclock Cyber Drive CW068D - 8/27/2002 5:26:31 AM   
Laffin Assassin


Posts: 4642
Status: offline
Hey Clint
You Say " I seen that, "based on" 'usually' means rebadged "
No it dosen't Based on means Based on ie:- Compatible , Simular to !!!

You Say " Have you a source for this list please "
Yes and it is a very good one!
Will I tell you where it is No !!![:p] Do some research and I am sure you will find it (Eventually) !!!

You Say "Cyberdrives aren't 'based on' anyone else's designs, but they do use the same chipsets as other manufacturers. For example one thing that leads me to believe that list is 'false' is because the CWO38D was the first drive in the world to support 12X RW speeds and the Phillip's you list as 'based on' chipset only has a max rewrite of 10X "

The Yammaha 3200e only is listed as having 10x re-write but with the new Firmware and Compatible 12x CDRW Disks It will quite easily Write at 12x and I am sure there are many others that will do it as well !!!

You Say " That Cyber Drive in fact uses OAK chipsets and uses the same ExacLink ICs chipsets as the Mitsumi CR-4808TE, so I dunno where the Phillip's came in there "

Oh well my Source must have made a mistake but I am sure when you find it you will see that is what THEY say and the funny thing is you love the product that I got the Source from (That was a hint to help you find it ) !!!

You Say " Compatible with" could mean lots of things... I.e. MMC read commands etc. Can you please be a little more specific?!! "

I already have and even you should understand it now !!!





_____________________________

Speaking Without Thinking, Is Like Shooting Without Aiming !!!

(in reply to PeterT)
Post #: 7
RE: Overclock Cyber Drive CW068D - 8/27/2002 7:43:15 AM   
Clint


Posts: 2151
Joined: 9/11/2001
From: Australia
Status: offline
quote:
Originally posted by Laffin Assassin

Hey Clint
You Say " I seen that, "based on" 'usually' means rebadged "
No it dosen't Based on means Based on ie:- Compatible , Simular to !!!




Not really, never have I heard anyone state based on doesn't mean a re-badge when talking about CD-RW drives, as soon as you see it ("based-on") you immediately know it's a rebadge, take Ian's review of the TDK 48/24/48, you'll see what I mean... (Link here...)

quote:
Originally posted by Laffin Assassin

You Say " Have you a source for this list please "
Yes and it is a very good one!
Will I tell you where it is No !!![:p] Do some research and I am sure you will find it (Eventually) !!!




That's silly not to state a source, other members would also appreciate it. I couldn't be bothered to play 'games', nor do I have the time...

quote:
Originally posted by Laffin Assassin

The Yammaha 3200e only is listed as having 10x re-write but with the new Firmware and Compatible 12x CDRW Disks It will quite easily Write at 12x and I am sure there are many others that will do it as well !!!




Yeah, but it is based on a different chipset and completely different technology as it is a P-CAV writer and their weren't any other manufacturers making CAV/P-CAV recorders at the time.... Go figure, I don't know of any others, care to list [?] [:p]

quote:
Originally posted by Laffin Assassin

You Say " That Cyber Drive in fact uses OAK chipsets and uses the same ExacLink ICs chipsets as the Mitsumi CR-4808TE, so I dunno where the Phillip's came in there "

Oh well my Source must have made a mistake but I am sure when you find it you will see that is what THEY say and the funny thing is you love the product that I got the Source from (That was a hint to help you find it ) !!!




Must be a reliable source...

quote:
Originally posted by Laffin Assassin

You Say " Compatible with" could mean lots of things... I.e. MMC read commands etc. Can you please be a little more specific?!! "

I already have and even you should understand it now !!!





You didn't at the time of me posting my last reply...


_____________________________


_________________
You Get What You Pay For...

(in reply to PeterT)
Post #: 8
RE: Overclock Cyber Drive CW068D - 8/27/2002 8:31:49 AM   
Laffin Assassin


Posts: 4642
Status: offline
Hi Clint
You Say " Must be a reliable source"
Of Course !!!


_____________________________

Speaking Without Thinking, Is Like Shooting Without Aiming !!!

(in reply to PeterT)
Post #: 9
RE: Overclock Cyber Drive CW068D - 8/27/2002 8:47:53 AM   
Clint


Posts: 2151
Joined: 9/11/2001
From: Australia
Status: offline
quote:
Originally posted by Laffin Assassin


Of Course !!!



[}:)]...

Going to spit the link out 'cause I'm not searching!?? [:0]


_____________________________


_________________
You Get What You Pay For...

(in reply to PeterT)
Post #: 10
RE: Overclock Cyber Drive CW068D - 8/27/2002 9:09:36 AM   
Laffin Assassin


Posts: 4642
Status: offline
No !!! I am going to let you stew a bit


_____________________________

Speaking Without Thinking, Is Like Shooting Without Aiming !!!

(in reply to PeterT)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> Firmware >> Overclock Cyber Drive CW068D Page: [1]
Jump to:





New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts




Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI

0.050