CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Settings for Pool of Radiance   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 860 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Copy >> Settings for Pool of Radiance Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Settings for Pool of Radiance - 9/28/2001 9:07:02 PM   
Ignis Fatuus

I tried burning a copy of PoR on my Plextor 16/10/40a CDRW (firmware 1.03) reading from a Toshiba SD-M1502 16xDVD. Clony XL says disc 1 is copy protected using SafeDisc V2 and Disc 2 is protected by SafeDisc. I manually set the "fast error skip" setting in CloneCD to what was recommended by Clony XL for both disc (the settings were different for each disc). Using the burned disc it apparently loads the program OK onto my HD, but I can't get the game to start. I tried starting the game from both the Toshiba DVD Drive and the Plextor Drive, but neither will get the game to start.
Anyone have any suggestions as to what I need to do to get the backups to work?
Thanks in advance!

Post #: 1
RE: Settings for Pool of Radiance - 9/29/2001 5:13:37 PM   
netman

sorry but your burner won't do safedisk 2. you have several options though. you can try a program called betablocker that many say works well using plextor burners. it removes the protection from the cd somehow. i have had success in the past using unsafedisk2, that does the same thing. and if you can install the game but not play it you can go to gamecopyworld and get a no-cd patch that lets you run the game without the cd at all. i always get them anyway so i don't have to find the cd just to play.

good luck!

(in reply to Ignis Fatuus)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Copy >> Settings for Pool of Radiance Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI