CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Help please! EZCD won't recognise my Mitsumi.   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 229 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> RE: Help please! EZCD won't recognise my Mitsumi. Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Help please! EZCD won't recognise my Mitsumi. - 8/13/2002 4:39:31 PM   
Brendan Harron

Hi LA,
I've downloaded the files and unzipped them into a folder. I don't see an 'install' icon so how do I do that?

I've checked Device Manager and it doesn't seem to mention IDE cables?
I'm going to try to cut and paste the information that is there into this message.
(Didn't work!)
Here's what I can glean from Device Manager:
Matshita DVD-ROM is Drive D,TargetID 0, Firmware Revision f15C, Logical Unit No: 0
Mitsumi CR-48XCTE is Drive E,Target ID: 1, Firmware Revision 1.0B, Logical Unit No: 0.
Where do I find info on Primary and Secondary Master and Slave?
TTYL,
ps. do you know how I can arrange to have an email alert each time you post a reply?

Brendan

What can be counted might not count, what counts may not be countable.

(in reply to Brendan Harron)
Post #: 17
RE: Help please! EZCD won't recognise my Mitsumi. - 8/13/2002 5:12:04 PM   
Laffin Assassin

Hi Brendan
You Say " do you know how I can arrange to have an email alert each time you post a reply?"
If you look on this page there is a link that says Subscribe to Forum then just click it and everytime someone puts a post in this thread you will get an e-mail !!!

Laffin Assassin

The Definition of an Upgrade: Take old bugs out, put new ones in.

Post #: 18
RE: Help please! EZCD won't recognise my Mitsumi. - 8/13/2002 5:24:25 PM   
Laffin Assassin

Hi Brendan
You Say "I've downloaded the files and unzipped them into a folder. I don't see an 'install' icon so how do I do that?"
Right the first thing to do is to remember where the folder is then goto the Device Manager and go to your SCSI card and then find the Tab which says upgrade Drivers and open it, it will then ask you where the new drivers are so take it to the folder and in the folder there is a folder named WIN95_98 so open that and it will select the driver by itself and click OK and that should be the new drivers installed !!!

Laffin Assassin

Post #: 19
RE: Help please! EZCD won't recognise my Mitsumi. - 8/13/2002 5:32:15 PM   
Brendan Harron

Thanx again, LA.
Was the info I posted on Device Manager sufficient for you?
If not, I'll need another step-by-step guide to ascertain what is master and what is slave.
As I understand it, on the ribbon cable, my HD is Master and the Mitsumi is slave. The LaCie is of course, not on a cable as it is scsi.
How can I double check from Device Manager?
TTYL,

Brendan

Post #: 20
RE: Help please! EZCD won't recognise my Mitsumi. - 8/13/2002 5:47:05 PM   
Laffin Assassin

Hi Brendon
Right what I want you to do is upgrade the drivers for the SCSI card as per instructions in my last post then First put your DVD on the same cable as the hard-drive and set it as Slave and the Mitsumi onto a separate IDE Cable on your Secondary IDE port and make it Master by changing the jumper on the back of it as you are looking at it from the back it is the right hand side one that is Master it should be on the middle one at the moment and that is Slave! Then Boot your computer up and then it should show the hard drive,DVD and the Mitsumi in Windows Explorer. After you have done this then turn your computer off and connect your Lacie then see if Windows boots correctly and check if both CD's are recongnised in Windows Explorer and let me know what happens !!!
Lets hope this sorts the main problem out !!!

Laffin Assassin

Edited by - Laffin Assassin on 08/13/2002 18:24:54

Post #: 21
RE: Help please! EZCD won't recognise my Mitsumi. - 8/13/2002 6:07:55 PM   
Brendan Harron

Thanx LA.
I've upgraded the drivers as you advised. The other advice seems like a job for tomorrow, time to get some zzzzzzzzz's!
Do you guys ever get a rest?
TTY 2mrro,

Brendan

Post #: 22
RE: Help please! EZCD won't recognise my Mitsumi. - 8/14/2002 6:13:41 AM   
Clint

quote:

Do you guys ever get a rest?

Brendan

Yeah most of us do, except L.A., he sits at his puter all day and night drinking rediculous amounts of caffine to stay awake and try help everyone out!!

• Questions? Problems? Search for fast results!

Post #: 23
    RE: Help please! EZCD won't recognise my Mitsumi. - 8/14/2002 6:44:12 AM   
    Laffin Assassin

Well I have to help you and Tron Don't I what with you out Rustling Kangaroo's and Tron looking after his two 20 Year olds you don't have much time for fun on the Forum !!!

Laffin Assassin

Post #: 24
    RE: Help please! EZCD won't recognise my Mitsumi. - 8/14/2002 7:26:23 AM   
    Brendan Harron

Hi LA,
    Clint is probably in bed now as it must be around midnight in Australia. You don't really stay online all day, do you?
    Took the case off the PC this morning and - lost my nerve!
    Don't feel able to start moving cables etc. I did check what is there.
    One cable from floppy drive to motherboard.
    Another cable which comes from motherboard and then hooks into both the Mitsumi and the Hard Drive. The Mitsumi is set at slave.

Thought I might try a new move, please forgive if I did wrong!
    I told device manager to remove the scsi from the system, in the hope that when I rebooted, the PC would find it again and maybe install it properly. This I did, hooked up the LaCie and rebooted.
    The PC froze!
    I restarted and it loaded OK, asked me to install the drivers for the new hardware, which I did, but no LaCie in Device Manager! I checked the properties of the scsi and it said 'Windows stopped when trying to install this device, Windows will never try to install this device again'.
    Have I, as they say here in Ireland, 'wrecked the house'?

On the icons problem, I've discovered that when I delete them and empty the recycle bin, it's when I then go to create a shortcut for Nero (now Nero(11)) that the 33 icons appear again on the desktop -with no Nero shortcut to be seen! If I then delete them again and create YET ANOTHERNero shortcut (no 12) the shortcut works.
    Then, when I next start the machine it's back to square one and the 33 icons are there on the desktop. Confusing or what????
    TTYL,

Brendan

Post #: 25
    RE: Help please! EZCD won't recognise my Mitsumi. - 8/14/2002 8:07:38 AM   
    Clint

Nah, I'm still awake, heading off to bed later
    [Been up installing a new 256MB Corsair CAS-2 XMS memory module, already I can feel the performance boost! ]

That is one heck of a problem, ever considered backing up all you want to keep and doing a fresh format and install of Windows?!!

As for rustling kangaroos, Laffin, I'd prefer to shoot 'em 'cause theres just too many around and culling is in order I think or it was, I dunno... Out west we are experiencing a real bad drought , even the cockatoos are flocking to Sydney to get a decent feed !!! LOL!

But I don't have to worry I live on the east coast, on the beach and enjoy not living out west and with kangaroos!

Now back on topic:-

EVERYONE!

Edited by - Clint on 08/14/2002 08:11:24

Post #: 26
    RE: Help please! EZCD won't recognise my Mitsumi. - 8/14/2002 10:50:18 PM   
    Laffin Assassin

Hi Clint
    You Say " But I don't have to worry I live on the east coast, on the beach and enjoy not living out west and with kangaroos!"
    Yeah you have Sharks, Crocodiles, Spiders and Snakes Instead !!!LOL

Hi Brendan
    You Say "You don't really stay online all day, do you?"
    No only when I am Bored with Work !!!

You Say " I restarted and it loaded OK, asked me to install the drivers for the new hardware, which I did, but no LaCie in Device Manager! I checked the properties of the scsi and it said 'Windows stopped when trying to install this device, Windows will never try to install this device again'."

Right the first thing is to go to Device Manager and uninstall Your Scsi Adaptor. Then shut your Computer down and Disconnect your Lacie then Re-boot your Computer and when it says found new Device take it to the New Windows ME drivers for the Tekram SCSI Adaptor that you Downloaded and I hope you still have on your Hard-drive and that should cure that Problem (I hope )
    Then do what I suggested in my last Post !!!

About the Icons !!! You haven't got any Lepricorn's living near you have You !!! Don't worry about the Icons we will have a look at them when we have solved the Hardware Problem !!!

Laffin Assassin

Post #: 27
    RE: Help please! EZCD won't recognise my Mitsumi. - 8/15/2002 3:34:42 AM   
    Clint

quote:

Yeah you have Sharks, Crocodiles, Spiders and Snakes Instead !!!LOL

Well I'd rather worry 'bout them than Australia coming over to the UK, to Manchester and flogging the host nation in the Gold medal department/medal tally hands up!!!

Post #: 28
    RE: Help please! EZCD won't recognise my Mitsumi. - 8/15/2002 3:49:47 AM   
    Brendan Harron

Thanx LA,
    I'm going to try your advice but I want to be dead sure what I'm doing. Please bear with me.
    I'm just not sure which is the Primary and which is the Secondary port.
    Let me describe again what the inside of my machine looks like.

1. The hard drive is on a single cable which goes straight into a port. Is this the Primary IDE port?

2.The DVD drive and the Mitsumi are on a cable together, which runs into a port. Is this the Secondary IDE port?

If I'm following your advice properly, I am going to pull the single cable out of the Hard Drive and put it into the Mitsumi, which I'll set to Master. Do I let the other end of the cable stay in the port in which it currenty resides?

Then I'm going to use the 'double' cable and set it into the Hard Drive and the DVD Drive, setting the DVD Drive to Slave. Do I have to set the Hard Drive to Master or does that happen by default?

Have I got it right? Please confirm (or other!) and I'll give it a go.
    TTYL,

Brendan

Post #: 29
    RE: Help please! EZCD won't recognise my Mitsumi. - 8/15/2002 4:37:22 AM   
    Laffin Assassin

Hi Clint
    When you look at the size and population of your Country and also the Support Your Athletes get from your Government there is no wonder you beat us ! Our Government are only interested in there own ego's and Helping other Countries and other people all over the world the only people that they are no interested in helping are us in their own country all they do for us is Tax us up to the Eyeballs. Even crime wouldn't pay if our government ran it.!!!

Hi Brendan
    You Say "1. The hard drive is on a single cable which goes straight into a port. Is this the Primary IDE port?"
    Yes it should be !

You Say "2.The DVD drive and the Mitsumi are on a cable together, which runs into a port. Is this the Secondary IDE port?

Yes it Should be !
    But the only way to be sure is to run a little program I have just e-mailed you and that will tell you all you need to know !!!
    Just post the results from it and that will tell me all I want to Know !!!

Laffin Assassin

Post #: 30
    RE: Help please! EZCD won't recognise my Mitsumi. - 8/15/2002 4:55:22 AM   
    Clint

quote:

Hi Clint
    When you look at the size and population of your Country and also the Support Your Athletes get from your Government there is no wonder you beat us ! Our Government are only interested in there own ego's and Helping other Countries and other people all over the world the only people that they are no interested in helping are us in their own country all they do for us is Tax us up to the Eyeballs. Even crime wouldn't pay if our government ran it.!!!

Yeah I know, you have waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more people than us!!!! And we still won!!! You don't think we get taxed, hell tax over there compared to here would be like charity donations!!

LOL!!! heheehe

Post #: 31
    RE: Help please! EZCD won't recognise my Mitsumi. - 8/15/2002 8:11:16 AM   
    Brendan Harron

Hi LA,
    I was out for a couple of hours so couldn't get to your email.
    I've run the Nero ping and here are the results:
    Hope they're what you need.

Copyright Ahead Software AG 2002
    All rights reserved

Host Adapter = 0
    [Target ID = 0] 'MATSHITA DVD-ROM SR-8584 f15C '
    [Target ID = 1] 'MITSUMI CR-48XCTE 1.0B '

Win aspi path :C:\WINDOWS\System\Wnaspi32.dll
    File description :ASPI for WIN32 DLL
    ProductVersion :ASPI for WIN32 Manager for WIN95
    ProductVersion :2, 0, 0, 0
    FileVersion :1, 0, 0, 0
    OriginalFilename :WNASPI32.DLL
    InternalName :WNASPI32

Brendan

Post #: 32
    Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> RE: Help please! EZCD won't recognise my Mitsumi. Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
    Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI