CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Anyone get their F1 yet?   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 571 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> Anyone get their F1 yet? Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Anyone get their F1 yet? - 7/28/2002 8:15:44 AM   
BinaryPoet

I was wondering if anyone had received their F1 yet? If so can you give us some initital thoughts as to how you like it and it's perfromance.....

Thanks,

Binary Poet

Post #: 1
RE: Anyone get their F1 yet? - 7/28/2002 9:04:25 AM   
BinaryPoet

Laffin Assassin,

Thanks for the update. I really look forward to hearing some initial feedback / reviews from users who get them. I really hope they are worth the wait since Compusa has the TDK 48/16-24/48 on sale this weekend for $99 (I know it is really a Liteon)......

Happy burning!

Binary Poet

(in reply to BinaryPoet)
Post #: 2
RE: Anyone get their F1 yet? - 7/28/2002 10:06:10 PM   
Laffin Assassin

Hi BinaryPoet
Well no-one in the Uk has them in Stock yet so I suppose it is the same in the USA! I have even spoken to some people who have pre-ordered them weeks ago and they don't know anymore than the day they odered them ! So come on Mark please give us an answer if there is a problem please let us know it is not like Yamaha to keep people in the dark is it !

Laffin Assassin

Always remember to Pillage BEFORE you Burn

(in reply to BinaryPoet)
Post #: 3
RE: Anyone get their F1 yet? - 7/28/2002 10:08:01 PM   
Laffin Assassin

Yeah I am looking forward to getting one but I am quite certain know that you in the USA will get them before us here in the UK !!!

Laffin Assassin

(in reply to BinaryPoet)
Post #: 4
RE: Anyone get their F1 yet? - 7/29/2002 11:27:18 AM   
Yamaha

Hi Laffin,

As stated in my previous emails, the drives began shipping last Tuesday to people who had ordered online. Major retailers should also begin putting them on the shelves late last week/early this week. The product is in full shipment in the US. I unfortunately cannot make statements regarding the rest of the world.

Thank you all for your continued interest.

Mark Becknauld
Product Manager
Multimedia Products Division
Yamaha Electronics Corp.

(in reply to BinaryPoet)
Post #: 5
RE: Anyone get their F1 yet? - 7/29/2002 12:31:15 PM   
Laffin Assassin

Hi Mark
Thanks for the Upgrade at least it eases the pain of the long wait for the Guys in the USA !!! I think I will Move to the States they get everything before us in the Uk !!!

Laffin Assassin

(in reply to BinaryPoet)
Post #: 6
RE: Anyone get their F1 yet? - 7/29/2002 2:02:35 PM   
BinaryPoet

No wonder parts of Europe do not like the US, we get the toys faster!

Just joking,

BP

(in reply to BinaryPoet)
Post #: 7
RE: Anyone get their F1 yet? - 7/29/2002 2:10:05 PM   
Laffin Assassin

Laffin Assassin

(in reply to BinaryPoet)
Post #: 8
RE: Anyone get their F1 yet? - 7/29/2002 4:55:42 PM   
MP3Mogul

Hey Laffin,

I can't find one on any shelf anywhere in the US either. I went to every retailer that Yamaha said would have them, but no-one has them yet either. Looks like BestBuy has pulled the Yamaha Line altogether, can't find any Yamaha drive there!

-Peace-

(in reply to BinaryPoet)
Post #: 9
RE: Anyone get their F1 yet? - 7/29/2002 5:19:31 PM   
Laffin Assassin

Hi MP3Mogul
Did any of the Stores tell you when they would be getting them as over here all they say is Yamaha has not given them a firm date yet but they expect them next week

Laffin Assassin

(in reply to BinaryPoet)
Post #: 10
RE: Anyone get their F1 yet? - 7/29/2002 6:05:08 PM   
BinaryPoet

The BestBuy's in Atlanta had a few Yamaha 24x's on the self still. I asked a person and they were basicaly clueless as to if any new Yamaha drives coming or not (Yes he looked it up on the system)...

Don't you hate when you go to a computer store and you know more than the person trying to help you? I really have fun acting really stupid (trust me, it's not very hard for me to do either ) and see what they try and sell me......

Oh well......

(in reply to BinaryPoet)
Post #: 11
RE: Anyone get their F1 yet? - 7/31/2002 4:11:25 PM   
Ralf Hutter

I just got home after buying one at the Fry's in City of Industry, CA. They have the IDE versions for $179. There's about 8 in stock right now.

(in reply to BinaryPoet)
Post #: 12
RE: Anyone get their F1 yet? - 7/31/2002 4:30:23 PM   
Laffin Assassin

I get mine Tomorrow they now have them in stock at my Local Dealer and they are only 120.50 including VAT which is cheaper than Dabs.com have a look at :-
http://www.dcs2.demon.co.uk/

Laffin Assassin

It's Nice to be Important!!!
But it's more Important to be NICE!!!

(in reply to BinaryPoet)
Post #: 13
RE: Anyone get their F1 yet? - 8/1/2002 2:29:05 PM   
Ralf Hutter

Here's a little review after using mine for a few hours:

Frankly I'm not too impressed. It did burn everything I threw at it (using Nero and CloneCD). I burned data, music (mp3 to WAV), images, and bootable Cdrs (Win2000 slipstreamed sp3). I didn't try the Mt. Ranier thingy.

What frosts my ass is the limited burn speeds. You can't choose anything between 16x and 44x. Even with the OWSC turned off there still isn't any choices available between 16x and 44x. I have a lot of CDrs that are 24x or 32x (according to cdrid or the Lite-on speed utility) and will burn fine at those speeds on my Plextor 40x or Lite-on 32x. If I burn them on the Yammy with OWSC turned ON, they are limited to 16x or 20x. If I turn the OWSC OFF I can still only choose 16x or 44x. If I burn at 44x everything's fine until the burn speed go over 30x or so (I've done the reg hack to my Nero so it shows the actual burn speed in real-time) and then the burn errors out. This is BS, these same CDrs burn fine on my other burners when I can control the speed.

I'm probably going to take this back. It doesn't do anything better then my Plexy, and the burn speed issue is BS. Maybe I'll call Yamaha support ONE time and see if I get anywhere.

(in reply to BinaryPoet)
Post #: 14
RE: Anyone get their F1 yet? - 8/1/2002 4:55:49 PM   
Laffin Assassin

Hi Ralf
Well I have done tests with Ritek 32x Unbranded, Verbatim 40x Datalife Plus and Intenso 32x on my Yamaha CRW-F1 and I have not had a problem either with speed or quality of the data. They write at 42 to 44 speed with no problem. It has been a known Issue with the two previous Yamaha Models the 2200e and the 3200e they are a little picky with cheap substandard Media but once you use the Good media they will copy anything you throw at them with the right Software. And as for the speed it is automaticly set to the right speed with the right Media and if you turn OWSC off that is why you are getting errors. So if you get decent Media you should not get any Errors or speed problems !!!

Laffin Assassin

It's Nice to be Important!!!
But it's more Important to be NICE!!!

(in reply to BinaryPoet)
Post #: 15
RE: Anyone get their F1 yet? - 8/1/2002 5:48:17 PM   
MP3Mogul

Laffin,

Thanks for posting that info. I am getting my drive tomorrow, and I was concerned about the writing speed until you clarified the quality media thing. I understand that the writer chooses the best speed for the media you chuck into it. This is okay with me. I'll let you know my results tomorrow.

- Certified Audiophile -

(in reply to BinaryPoet)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> Anyone get their F1 yet? Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI