CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Yes ladies and gentleman its coming!!!   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1060 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> RE: Yes ladies and gentleman its coming!!! Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Yes ladies and gentleman its coming!!! - 7/20/2002 5:19:36 PM   
tazdevl

LOL Cheekymonkey... because I preordered it. If I am spending my money on the drive, I have every right to be critical of it.

Here's another reason why I'm being so critical, read John's review on the writing tests again... some media types yielded higher errors with OWSC ON rather than OFF. Who's to say that won't happen more often in the next firmware update?

That's why I want the flexibility to be able to select more than ~4 write speeds. What I find really irritating is that the missing speeds are being used when OWSC on... costs them virtually nothing to add them in.

Re: LiteOn, they have gotten better... still not great. However, I knocked LiteOn when they release the 48125W and there was no 48X certified media... now I also have to knock Yamaha since they pulled a LiteOn and released a product before a specific speed of media was on the market. Who knows how long it will be before we see 24X CDRW media... I have yet to see any official, decent 48X media and that was announced over 1 month ago. Never know how the next iteration of drives will perform though... maybe the 6 series chipset will address some of their bigger issues.

RIG:
Athlon XP1800 @ 1.80, SLK-800, 768MB Crucial PC2100, KR7A133R, Maxtor ATA133 RAID 0 & Backup, Modded Radeon 8500 (310/310), Santa Cruz, Intel Pro 1000T NIC, LiteOn 16X DVD, CRW-F1, Modded LianLi PC60 USB, WinXP Pro.

Edited by - tazdevl on 07/20/2002 17:20:02

Edited by - tazdevl on 07/20/2002 17:21:21

(in reply to john)
Post #: 33
RE: Yes ladies and gentleman its coming!!! - 7/20/2002 7:09:20 PM   
Laffin Assassin

Hi tazdevl
You Say " Yamaha since they pulled a LiteOn and released a product before a specific speed of media was on the market."

Come on wake up !!! It has not been released yet so how can you say that and it is the old saying which comes the first the chicken or the egg what is the good of having media without the Drive !!!

Re: LiteOn, they have gotten better... still not great.
Well they couldn't have got worse could they !!!

For Gods sake's stop moaning and wait till Yamaha release the Retail version which looks like it could be a while yet. And Yamaha will iron all the little problems out I am sure !!!

Laffin Assassin

CD-ROM ---- Consumer Device, Rendered Obsolete in Months !!!
The Definition of an Upgrade: Take old bugs out, put new ones in !!!
What do people mean when they say the computer went down on them ???

(in reply to john)
Post #: 34
RE: Yes ladies and gentleman its coming!!! - 7/20/2002 7:27:42 PM   
tazdevl

Laffin, forgot to mention this, it might clear things up.

The Yamaha online store will have product ready to ship on Monday per the Product Manager's comments on CDRLabs. It is here... not 2 weeks out.

RIG:
Athlon XP1800 @ 1.80, SLK-800, 768MB Crucial PC2100, KR7A133R, Maxtor ATA133 RAID 0 & Backup, Modded Radeon 8500 (310/310), Santa Cruz, Intel Pro 1000T NIC, LiteOn 16X DVD, CRW-F1, Modded LianLi PC60 USB, WinXP Pro.

(in reply to john)
Post #: 35
RE: Yes ladies and gentleman its coming!!! - 7/20/2002 7:43:50 PM   
tazdevl

Also, if a CDRW drive that has been a while in the making, is the most expensive IDE drive to date (the cost comes close to SCSI and external) has some glaring flaws and features that I find difficult to justify the cost (relatively speaking) IMO, you're damn right I'm going to moan and bitch. I doubt the 48X Plex will be this expensive. I work for my money and want to be sure that it is wisely spent.

RIG:

Edited by - tazdevl on 07/20/2002 19:47:11

(in reply to john)
Post #: 36
RE: Yes ladies and gentleman its coming!!! - 7/20/2002 8:12:02 PM   
Laffin Assassin

Hey tazdevl
Yeah I have seen the post over there by
Mark Becknauld, Product Manager, Multimedia Products Division, Yamaha Electronics Corp. Saying it will be Shipped on Monday!!!
I also saw the post by maxrulez about you and that made me LOL. Especially as over here you are moaning and over there you are Praising Yamaha. You must be after brownie points with Mark Becknauld over there
And as we never get any thanks from Yamaha on here you thought you would have a moan !!!!!

Laffin Assassin

(in reply to john)
Post #: 37
RE: Yes ladies and gentleman its coming!!! - 7/20/2002 8:59:24 PM   
Laffin Assassin

Hey
You Say " Also, if a CDRW drive that has been a while in the making, is the most expensive IDE drive to date (the cost comes close to SCSI and external)"
How long have you be around the CDRW scene from you making that comment it can't be very long ! I can remember when CD Writers were over 700 and it isn't that long ago !!!!

Laffin Assassin

(in reply to john)
Post #: 38
RE: Yes ladies and gentleman its coming!!! - 7/20/2002 9:07:15 PM   
tazdevl

LOL that's the UK, it was cheaper here back then :D. Mark and I have exchanged a few emails. Very good guy.

He mentioned he perused the forums and I made some comments to get him out of the woodwork and into the action. I'm a marketer and product manager by trade, in the tech industry, companies need to get more involved in forums. We, the early adopters, have even more influence over the purchase decisions of others than we did back when Crossing the Chasm was written.

By the way I do knock Yamaha around quite a bit in that post... keep reading. One thing that I personally can't stand are problems in product launches... especially when proper research and common sense takes care of a fair number of problems that companies encounter.

RIG:

Edited by - tazdevl on 07/20/2002 21:18:48

(in reply to john)
Post #: 39
RE: Yes ladies and gentleman its coming!!! - 7/20/2002 9:21:56 PM   
tazdevl

As to max... I responded to his post. If people are going to post opinions in the forums, make them more than one line or three words so folks understand where you're coming from. That way if you're wrong or operating under a misperception, folks can educate you if you're open to it.

RIG:

(in reply to john)
Post #: 40
RE: Yes ladies and gentleman its coming!!! - 7/20/2002 9:22:08 PM   
Laffin Assassin

So what is the real reason for knocking them on CDR-INFO and Raving about them on CDR Labs. And why hasn't your Mate Mark ever been on here to thank CDR-INFO for all the work they do is he Shy we won't bite him you know

Laffin Assassin

(in reply to john)
Post #: 41
RE: Yes ladies and gentleman its coming!!! - 7/20/2002 9:23:09 PM   
tazdevl

He's a product manager for the US. I would imagine that John needs to cultivate a relationship with the UK/European product manager.

LOL keep reading the post. Perceptions change once a product gets released. If you follow my posts, the tone of my comments begin to change here and there at the same time.

I am going to defend the positive aspects of the writer... and knock the negatives. That's the way it goes.

RIG:

Edited by - tazdevl on 07/20/2002 21:30:20

(in reply to john)
Post #: 42
RE: Yes ladies and gentleman its coming!!! - 7/21/2002 7:22:50 AM   
john

We would wait to see how the 52X burners will perform...Whats the point of gain 10-15secs, if burned CDs are un-readable?

Visit www.cdrinfo.com - The Recording Authority

(in reply to john)
Post #: 43
RE: Yes ladies and gentleman its coming!!! - 7/21/2002 11:09:40 AM   
Laffin Assassin

Hey
You Say " He's a product manager for the US. I would imagine that John needs to cultivate a relationship with the UK/European product manager."
Why should John suck up to Manufacturers ( Like some other Review Websites)to get ONE post of thanks for Years of good work. John and most of the regulars on here tell things like they are not how Manufacturers want you to say them. Also I noticed that your so called Yamaha Product Manager registered on the forum without giving an E-mail address that seems very strange to me, A rep that does not leave a contact address very unusual unless he has something to hide
And also he seems to word things just like you do

Laffin Assassin

(in reply to john)
Post #: 44
RE: Yes ladies and gentleman its coming!!! - 7/22/2002 7:01:53 AM   
Laffin Assassin

quote:

Laffin, forgot to mention this, it might clear things up.

The Yamaha online store will have product ready to ship on Monday per the Product Manager's comments on CDRLabs. It is here... not 2 weeks out.

Oh Dear tazdevl !!!
What a big surprise no CRW-FI on the Online Shop and it is Monday
http://www.yamahashoponline.com/interface/home_cat.asp?CatID=1&CatName=CD+Recorders
They are still asking you to Pre-Order them
So either You or Your Mate have been telling Porkies
So seeing that you and him are good mates can't you get him to come and explain why they are not in stock yet !!!! (If he exists which I doubt )

Laffin Assassin

(in reply to john)
Post #: 45
RE: Yes ladies and gentleman its coming!!! - 7/22/2002 4:03:55 PM   
Laffin Assassin

Well Well Well !!!!!
I wondered how long it would take me to get you to come out of the Shadows but still no Comments
So now you are here when will the Yamaha CRW-F1 be released in America and The UK and what Firmware will they have
Your last post on the other site said it would be released to the online shop today but it is still Pre-order !!!
And I am not knocking Yamaha I am one of the few that have stood up for you on this forum and I love your products but why not give us more information
So come on Mark please give us some answers if you are who you say you are you should be able to answer them easily

Laffin Assassin

(in reply to john)
Post #: 46
RE: Yes ladies and gentleman its coming!!! - 7/22/2002 4:12:08 PM   
Yamaha

How strange...my reply was not attached to the previous post. Glad I always CTRL-C before posting.

--
Hi Laffin, Tazdevl, and John...

Before I begin, Laffin, unlike Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and a universal standard for DVD recording, I *DO* exist. Please feel free to ask John for confirmation on this. We speak regularly, so I'm sure he would have no problem doing so.

John knows how much we at Yamaha appreciate the wonderful work he does here at the site. John and all the others involved in CDRInfo put countless hours into researching and reviewing the latest in CD-R technology, and for that we are greatful. It's rare to find a group of enthusiasts as passionate about this technology as those found here.

To answer your question regarding the drive sales from the Yamaha Online Store, I would once again like to confirm (as I said on the CDRLabs website) will be shipping on Monday or Tuesday. The reason the website lists the drive as being backordered is that we are shipping all of the existing backorders prior to putting the product up as being available. I'm sure you understand that production must ramp up, and as such, our first concern is with filling the orders which were made prior to the launch.

As for Tazdevl, I've spoken with him several times, and am always happy to receive input from the end users. That type of feedback is what drives future products and product revisions. While I most likely won't be posting often, I do regularly check the forums at several CD-R websites.

Thank you very much.

Mark Becknauld
Product Manager
Multimedia Products Division
Yamaha Electronics Corp.

(in reply to john)
Post #: 47
RE: Yes ladies and gentleman its coming!!! - 7/22/2002 4:32:26 PM   
Laffin Assassin

Hi Mark
Well thanks for at least dropping in and explaining to our members why there is a holdup that is more than any other Manufacturer has done. But God it was hard work to get you to come on the Forum but at least you came. And that does show the difference between Yamaha and other Manufacturers it does show you care and that is all I wanted to prove
You Say "As for Tazdevl, I've spoken with him several times, and am always happy to receive input from the end users. That type of feedback is what drives future products and product revisions. While I most likely won't be posting often, I do regularly check the forums at several CD-R websites."
But he is a Lite-on Man not a Yamaha, but I knew if I pushed him a bit some how it would get you to come on the Forum and it worked

Laffin Assassin

(in reply to john)
Post #: 48
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> RE: Yes ladies and gentleman its coming!!! Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI