CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

LITEON LTD-163 freezed when play vcd   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1365 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> Video >> LITEON LTD-163 freezed when play vcd Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
LITEON LTD-163 freezed when play vcd - 6/24/2002 3:04:14 PM   
jbchen

Hi all,
I bought some Vcds from Asia, I try to play those vcds on Liteon LTD-163 DVD drive, it took a little longer to recognize the disc, when it did play, the movie played a few minutes and it freezed my computer.
I have the latest firmware installed for LTD-163. I used Window Media Player, PowerDVD 3.0, and Xingmpeg player. all of those softwares I used were encountering the same problem. But when I used my Liteon
LTR-40125S (40X12X48 CDRW drive) to play those vcds , it plays movies smoothly. My question is, is dvd drive's region setting not compatible with vcd region setting? or my dvd drive is just not as advance enough to read some foreign vcds? Or is there PIO setting or DMA setting that I configured wrong? LTD-163 is master drive and LTR-40125S is slave drive.

fyi -

LTD-163 feature:
*supporting High Speed VCD Data Extration,
*supporting High speed digital audio extration
etc.etc...

LTR-40125S feature:
*Innovated SMART-X technology, support up to 48X speed Digital Audio Extration (DAE) and high speed VCD data extraction
*Supporting Fixed & Variable Packet, TAO, SAO, DAO, Raw Mode, Over-Burn.
etc..etc..

please help me if you have any idea, I'll be deeply appreciated.

thank you
Jay

Post #: 1
RE: LITEON LTD-163 freezed when play vcd - 6/24/2002 9:12:49 PM   
Tron

Jay, have you been able to play other VCDs on that drive smoothly? Maybe you have made one that works ok on that drive?

Visit www.cdrtimes.net too. Another great place....

(in reply to jbchen)
Post #: 2
RE: LITEON LTD-163 freezed when play vcd - 6/25/2002 12:48:43 PM   
jbchen

hi Tron,
Yes, It plays other vcds, even some other asia vcds smoothly.
I'm using pentium 4 1.7, motherboard is d850gb intel model. I installed intel application accelerator on my computer, application accelerator can use to configure PIO or DMA setting. I was thinking if it's setting problem which cause this vcd problem. another possibilty is that since those vcds are actually pirate vcds,
they probabally are overburned, and my DVD drive somehow can't read it well, BUT my LITEON CDRW reads it fine. Sometimes these things can drive you crazy! =) thanks for replying, Tron!

-Jay

(in reply to jbchen)
Post #: 3
RE: LITEON LTD-163 freezed when play vcd - 6/25/2002 1:01:03 PM   
jbchen

is there a program out there which can tell you more specific about the format of a disc? i know my discs are in vcd format, but there are many kind of vcd formats, right? maybe my dvd drive can't read that type of vcd format well. let me know and thanks so much.

-Jay

(in reply to jbchen)
Post #: 4
RE: LITEON LTD-163 freezed when play vcd - 6/25/2002 1:45:53 PM   
jbchen

hi Tron,
I find out something in LITEON LTD-163/163D specification:

* Access all format DVD, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+RW, CD, CD-R, CD-RW DISC

* support Disc Format:
UDF, all DVD single/dual layer(PTP,OTP), DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+RW, ISO-9660, all CD ROMs.

I hope you have a clue, =P
-jay

(in reply to jbchen)
Post #: 5
RE: LITEON LTD-163 freezed when play vcd - 6/25/2002 6:26:40 PM   
Tron

I would try this: Put the VCD into your drive and then look for the .dat file. It will be the around 700 meg. Copy it to your hard drive and then start Nero and create a VCD. Use the .dat file like an mpg file, just add it to your compliation and burn you new VCD and see if that one will play correctly. I suspect that the fps is set wrong and NERO will reset that to the right rate and the resulting VCD will play fine. Worth a try....... Let us know....

(in reply to jbchen)
Post #: 6
RE: LITEON LTD-163 freezed when play vcd - 6/25/2002 9:53:08 PM   
jbchen

Tron,
I followed your ways, I tried to burn it using my LITEON CD-RW DISC at 12X RW speed, burned vcd is playing fine now. So I think LITEON LTD-163 still doesn't support some cd medias. maybe in the future, hopefully they have new firmware update that fix it.
I'm not sure about your fps thingie, cuz I transfered dat file to hard drive, and just open with window media player, it worked fine too. So Nero doesn't need to correct it. it still bother me though,
because latest LITEON firmware tell you that it supports more cd medias, but it doesn't tell you what brand of cd medias they support.
maybe I should call up Liteon tech support. Tron, thanks so much for your help.

-Jay

(in reply to jbchen)
Post #: 7
RE: LITEON LTD-163 freezed when play vcd - 6/26/2002 1:36:28 AM   
Tron

yes but the fact that it will play the burned copy tells me that NERO changed the format and then burned it, so now it plays right. I suspect that it might be a region thing, or they changed the frames per Second and therefore was having trouble playing it off the drive. Media Player is less picky. Just glad we figured out a way for you to play them......

(in reply to jbchen)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> Video >> LITEON LTD-163 freezed when play vcd Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI