CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Can someone help me with a question about...   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 806 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> Can someone help me with a question about... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Can someone help me with a question about... - 6/14/2002 8:57:33 AM   
kdogg

This does and doesn't have to do with CDRW's, I wasnt really sure where to post this but here goes.

I have an AMD XP 1900+ on a Shuttle AK31 KT266A motherboard.

I have a Pioneer DVR-103/A03 DVD-RW, Plextor UltraPlex 40max SCSI CDROM on an Adapter 2930 SCSI Host Adaptor.

Until last week I also had the Plextor 12/4/32 SCSI CDRW. It finally wore out.

I was going to buy another but there very overpriced compared to most IDE burners. I paid like $450 for it when it first came out and now there like $200+ at hypermicro.com

I decided againest eather of the 2 12x SCSI plextors. My second choice was the Plextor 40x IDE. Seems slightly overpriced for IDE and after reading the reviews for the Lite-On drives here I ordered the 40x IDE Lite-On CDRW.

Right my system has the Lite-On CDRW, Pioneer DVD-RW, and the SCSI CDROM.

I never use my burners for anything but burning.

Now that I dont have my SCSI CDRW I'm thinking about given up my Plextor CDROM/SCSI card and adding a 16x Pioneer DVDROM to my computer.

My question is, is this worth it? I mean at the time i bought my plextor CDROM it was the TOP! CDROM for ripping audio cd's and just in general. couple years later would it be a big loss to give it up for the Pioneer DVDROM?

Mostly all i use my plextor for is installing games, ripping audio, and making image files out of my cd's..

Any input on the Pioneer 116/2 DVD-ROM would be great.

Edited by - kdogg on 06/14/2002 09:02:24
Post #: 1
RE: Can someone help me with a question about... - 6/14/2002 4:44:45 PM   
Dartman

Keep the Plex, it wont do DAE at more then 24, at least mine won't but it will do protected audio CD's with just a little help and it still has the best error correction going. You can pick up a Liteon 163 DVD cheap and it will rip audio at over 50 on a long clean disk,then you'll have any possibility covered.
I use this combo myself with a Liteon 32 burner and it is very handy for certain things that one or the other can't do.

(in reply to kdogg)
Post #: 2
RE: Can someone help me with a question about... - 6/23/2002 11:08:47 AM   
glazenuts

For pricing, try pricewatch.com & pricegrabber.com and save yourself some cash if your in the US.

Jeff in LA.

(in reply to kdogg)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> Can someone help me with a question about... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI