CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

what do u think about protection?   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1513 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media >> what do u think about protection? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
what do u think about protection? - 5/24/2002 8:13:49 AM   
maximano

do u think starForce protection good enough?
Come to see at booth #7039 in Kentia Hall
http://www.star-force.com/news/index.html?view=23

Post #: 1
RE: what do u think about protection? - 5/24/2002 9:19:26 AM   
Laffin Assassin

SAN FRANCISCO, Calif., --May 22, 2002-- StarForce Technologies is proud to announce the introduction of the newest product in its suite of software protection solutions, StarForce CD-R. StarForce CD-R is being showcased during E3 Expo 2002 in Los Angeles May 21 -24. The special discs, produced through a one-of-a kind manufacturing process are intended to use on ordinary CD-ROM drives. By using this protection at home or at the office, a developer can record data safely to the unique StarForce CD-Rs and be assured that his or her application is safe from unauthorized copying.

Ho Ho I do believe the Moon is made of Cheese

a developer can record data safely to the unique StarForce CD-Rs and be assured that his or her application is safe from unauthorized copying.
There will never be a protection for CD's that someone cannot by-pass if it can be put on it can be took off. Like I have said before send me one and I will send you a back-up back to you.

It's Nice to be Importent But is more importent to be NICE!!!

(in reply to maximano)
Post #: 2
RE: what do u think about protection? - 5/24/2002 2:32:21 PM   
burner1000000

quote:

Ho Ho I do believe the Moon is made of Cheese

a developer can record data safely to the unique StarForce CD-Rs and be assured that his or her application is safe from unauthorized copying.
There will never be a protection for CD's that someone cannot by-pass if it can be put on it can be took off. Like I have said before send me one and I will send you a back-up back to you.

Man! That's an arrogant statement! Does the word Tages mean anything to you? Olli cannot even produce a model of Tages yet (the first step in defeating a copy protection). The copy of a Tages disk changes every time you make one! CCD4 is useless against it. Believe me, Tages is nothing compared to what can be done!

As for every copy protection being breakable - that may be so, but some of the ones used by the governments of the world to prevent espionage are so complicated that if you made a variation of a copy of the disk every second, someone might be able to break the protection before a 21 year old's future grandchildren died (about a 100 years, give or take - that's an optimistic estimate, it could take centuries longer). Now, as anyone knows, what is possible today at a very secure level, is possible within a short time by the general public. I know nothing about Star Force, but I wouldn't knock it until I had at least seen it.

Do all of us a favor. Do a search and find a disk that has Tages on it. Buy it and then post a message when you have produced a workable copy (one that works in Tosh SD-M 1502 and or Tosh SD-M1612 as well as others). Then send John a copy when you have done this and let him test it. If you can do this, I will have a little more faith in your pronouncements.

(in reply to maximano)
Post #: 3
RE: what do u think about protection? - 5/24/2002 3:27:03 PM   
Laffin Assassin

I would love to do what you have asked me to do and if I couldn't I certainly know someone who can. But I only buy programs which I intend to use and I only backup them for my own use. If I do buy any with it on you will be the first to know. And I will still say any program can be backed-up and I am in no shape or form in favour of Pirating any software.

You SAY "As for every copy protection being breakable - that may be so, but some of the ones used by the governments of the world to prevent espionage are so complicated that if you made a variation of a copy of the disk every second, someone might be able to break the protection before a 21 year old's future grandchildren died (about a 100 years, give or take - that's an optimistic estimate, it could take centuries longer). Now, as anyone knows, what is possible today at a very secure level, is possible within a short time by the general public. I know nothing about Star Force, but I wouldn't knock it until I had at least seen it."

But you don't have to copy the whole CD just the data.

And as for Star Force are you joining maximano's Advertising staff he looks like he needs someone like you good with the words?

And as for future protection there is always someone wiser than the man who makes it at least 15% of them work for the same company and end leaking information which enables people to get round it.

I remember quite a few years ago from the Amiga days when a Software company in Doncaster,Yorkshire,England (Which by the way is my home town) Told Amiga Format that they were bringing a protection (a dongle and it was the only one ever used.) out on a football management game that that would never be broken and they spent one and a half million ukú on it and it was unbreakable. I saw it on the local Car Boot sales the very day it came out and it had no protection on it whatsoever and worked just fine.
By the way I had nothing to do with breaking the code.
But that was a lot of years ago and this is now.

It's Nice to be Importent But is more importent to be NICE!!!

(in reply to maximano)
Post #: 4
RE: what do u think about protection? - 5/24/2002 10:19:02 PM   
john

Maximano are you working for Star-Force company or something? You are making too much noise for a protection found one some titles. I do remember CD-Cops were also un-copyable from CloneCD, but only few companies used it...

I think for Tages and Star-Force, a software patch included in the CDR software (like AWS) will be the next solution (or at least the easy solution).

Visit www.cdrinfo.com - The Recording Authority

(in reply to maximano)
Post #: 5
RE: what do u think about protection? - 5/31/2002 7:31:13 AM   
maximano

http://www.star-force.com is a young company and it's grow...
we'll see what will be later.

(in reply to maximano)
Post #: 6
RE: what do u think about protection? - 5/31/2002 7:43:26 AM   
Clint

quote:

http://www.star-force.com is a young company and it's grow...
we'll see what will be later.

D O Y O U W O R K F O R T H E M

(in reply to maximano)
Post #: 7
RE: what do u think about protection? - 5/31/2002 9:25:56 AM   
maximano

i wish to work for http://www.star-force.com

(in reply to maximano)
Post #: 8
RE: what do u think about protection? - 5/31/2002 9:54:43 AM   
Laffin Assassin

I think your WISH has already been granted! If not you are sure working hard to get a job in their Advertising Department!
Laffin Assassin

It's Nice to be Important!!!
But it's more Important to be NICE!!!

(in reply to maximano)
Post #: 9
RE: what do u think about protection? - 5/31/2002 9:12:16 PM   
MP3Mogul

Yeah, he works for them.

I agree with Laffin, for any protection scheme "written" to a disc, it is copyable, they had to make it "writable" and if it's written to a disc the data can be extracted. I agree with Laffin also, I am not for "pirating" at any means, but I do strongly believe in backing my software up. And I will backup every piece of software that I purchase in case of the "fatal disaster".

-Peace-

(in reply to maximano)
Post #: 10
RE: what do u think about protection? - 6/1/2002 4:05:58 AM   
maximano

u may do backup
visit http://www.star-force.com

(in reply to maximano)
Post #: 11
RE: what do u think about protection? - 6/1/2002 5:01:21 AM   
Laffin Assassin

u may do backup?

(in reply to maximano)
Post #: 12
RE: what do u think about protection? - 6/1/2002 10:50:06 AM   
Laffin Assassin

quote:

Yeah, he works for them.

I agree with Laffin, for any protection scheme "written" to a disc, it is copyable, they had to make it "writable" and if it's written to a disc the data can be extracted. I agree with Laffin also, I am not for "pirating" at any means, but I do strongly believe in backing my software up. And I will backup every piece of software that I purchase in case of the "fatal disaster".

-Peace-

Well said mate!
Laffin Assassin

(in reply to maximano)
Post #: 13
RE: what do u think about protection? - 6/6/2002 4:24:37 AM   
maximano

Data sectors of a disc can be copied. Physical parameters of a CD cannot be copied because they depend on the glass master they were made from.
proud of http://www.star-force.com

(in reply to maximano)
Post #: 14
RE: what do u think about protection? - 6/21/2002 6:47:25 AM   
markello

is this feature made copying StarForce with CloneCD some trouble ?

(in reply to maximano)
Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media >> what do u think about protection? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI