CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

2 Bad CDs = 1 Good CD?   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 613 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> 2 Bad CDs = 1 Good CD? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2 Bad CDs = 1 Good CD? - 5/16/2002 11:12:45 AM   
_Adamastor_

 

Posts: 2
Joined: 5/16/2002
From:
Status: offline
Hi All,
I've got a cd witch gives me on nero a read error at about 10%(cd1), I also have another copy of the very same cd but with an error at 60%(cd2).

Is it possible to read the first 58% of the cd2 and combine that with the other 42% of cd1, to make a full cd image with no errors?

Thanks in advance!

Filipe_

Post #: 1
RE: 2 Bad CDs = 1 Good CD? - 5/17/2002 1:19:12 AM   
kamikazee

 

Posts: 40
Joined: 4/30/2002
From:
Status: offline
Welcome to the world of copy protection, these errors are more than likely on purpose...you are not including enough information to be of anymore help than this



Edited by - kamikazee on 05/17/2002 01:20:23

(in reply to _Adamastor_)
Post #: 2
RE: 2 Bad CDs = 1 Good CD? - 5/17/2002 6:14:50 AM   
_Adamastor_

 

Posts: 2
Joined: 5/16/2002
From:
Status: offline
Forget about copy protection.
Lets assume I have made a backup of some of my files, some mp3, some progs, some data. Then I make a cd image with nero and burn it twice on two cds (obviously), as some of the data is critical!
The impossible happens! Both cds are damaged, but as I only had small files the files damaged on one cd are ok on the other! All data is recovered!

But, if I had a 700Mb file I couldn't recover it!

So I ask...
Is it possible to combine the 58% of one cd, with the 42% of the other one and rebuild a full cd image error free?

Actually none of this happened to me, but if it does...

Thanks



Edited by - _Adamastor_ on 05/17/2002 06:18:25

(in reply to _Adamastor_)
Post #: 3
RE: 2 Bad CDs = 1 Good CD? - 5/17/2002 3:43:06 PM   
Matthew

 

Posts: 943
Joined: 1/2/2002
From: United Kingdom
Status: offline
If you paused using CTRL-ALT-DEL (this stops a BURN and can be used to prove that Burnproof actually works, so it may stop a read) - you MIGHT get away with swapping the CDs if they have the same volume id.

Otherwise, reading a long file from two parts may be possible with a bit of programming - QBASIC, even. The relative seek MIGHT suffer an error anyway, though.



(in reply to _Adamastor_)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> 2 Bad CDs = 1 Good CD? Page: [1]
Jump to:





New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts




Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI

0.031