CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

InCD...UDF Reader   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1389 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Packet Writing >> InCD...UDF Reader Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
InCD...UDF Reader - 5/11/2002 3:43:15 AM   
John Garin

Hi....just 4 short questions....

I just started using Nero 5.5.8.2 and InCD 3.28....about a week ago.....Win XP Pro is Op Sys..

1)Do I have to download the UDF Reader on my PC to read my CDRW's, or is it integral with InCD.

2)Will I be able to read CDRW's created on different PC's, pending the answer to the above.

3)What does the "simulation" checkbox really mean. Seems if I uncheck it, and burn disks, my Win Explorer doesn't even see the disk...I get a "invalid function"....if I leave it checked...things appear to be OK....

4)On CDRW's....if you "erase" the file....it doesn't appear on the disk....but is that SPACE really available for new files.....

Thank You,
John
Post #: 1
RE: InCD...UDF Reader - 5/13/2002 11:21:19 AM   
anotherpasswordtoremember

just from my experience
1) you don't need to install UDF-reader on the system that has InCD
2) yes, though this also depends on the speed of your media: a 10x CD written with InCD 3.28 on Windows XP will be read-only on Windows 98 equipped with an older/slower CD-RW (some say this is self-evident, I do not completely agree) in that case you have to use 1 to 4x media.

3+4: haven't got a clue. You might have the luck that someone answers these within the next two or three months because this forum is most of the times not really helpful.

(in reply to John Garin)
Post #: 2
RE: InCD...UDF Reader - 5/13/2002 11:24:52 AM   
anotherpasswordtoremember

I add to 2: you have to upgrade your InCD on other systems also if it is older than 1.6 or something like that. Media written with older versions of InCD are hnot compatible with the new one.
If your question was about CDRW's in general and not just InCD, this is the wrong forum.

(in reply to John Garin)
Post #: 3
RE: InCD...UDF Reader - 5/13/2002 1:55:36 PM   
John Garin

quote:

I add to 2: you have to upgrade your InCD on other systems also if it is older than 1.6 or something like that. Media written with older versions of InCD are hnot compatible with the new one.
If your question was about CDRW's in general and not just InCD, this is the wrong forum.

Thank You..

That was very helpful....I'll prob have a few more questions along the way...

John

(in reply to John Garin)
Post #: 4
RE: InCD...UDF Reader - 5/13/2002 2:26:27 PM   
John Garin

Thank You....
Your help was definitely appreciated...
I'll prob have a few more questions in the NEAR future....I have Nero & InCD " apparently" running pretty good....atleast all my drives each read the other writing...
Now I have to figure out how to do this Nero HD backup///w/o doing my ENTIRE drive...60GB...I only thoght it would BU written files....

Thanx...again..

John

(in reply to John Garin)
Post #: 5
RE: InCD...UDF Reader - 5/17/2002 12:42:27 PM   
CCampbell

3) Simulation is an actual write process, but with the laswer power turned down to a point that it can not actually burn any data to the CD. This is used to be sure your systems performance is up to the job. If this always passes, you need not use this feature.

4) Yes, when you use CDRW media, and you erase a file or directory, that space does actually become available.

And to use the Nero HD Backup, use software such as Partition Magic to create a smaller partition that contains your data, and just backupu the partition.

Regards,

Craig

quote:

Thank You....
Your help was definitely appreciated...
I'll prob have a few more questions in the NEAR future....I have Nero & InCD " apparently" running pretty good....atleast all my drives each read the other writing...
Now I have to figure out how to do this Nero HD backup///w/o doing my ENTIRE drive...60GB...I only thoght it would BU written files....

Thanx...again..

John

(in reply to John Garin)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Packet Writing >> InCD...UDF Reader Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI