CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

SCSI burners external   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1262 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Consumer Electronics] >> BD, DVD Players/Recorders >> SCSI burners external Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
SCSI burners external - 4/23/2002 6:51:11 PM   
kundamrak

i want to buy a new external burner, have an OS win.98, can`t invest to a newer version of OS, so i can`t buy any of those with the fire wire or USB.2 interface, have to buy a SCSI, I have red already all relevant tests, but there is no new (made in 2002, or very near,) external SCSI burner, that fits alle the new important read/write MODS, i have no one found in the tests list, neither in any computer magazin, am i wrong, or is there any, which i didnt found,
SO, my question is: is there such good external SCSI burner or have i to choose to wait or to say good bay, external SCSI, and buy the best internal IDE?
thanks for any answers

Post #: 1
RE: SCSI burners external - 4/24/2002 7:33:00 AM   
AoE999

If you buy a SCSI External, i would go with Plextor and a 2940
series card, the new 29160 or 39160 is good but a bit expensive.

i wouldn't go with USB, i find the connection is not that reliable although i never have a problem with it;
if you have a internal spot for it, i would go with internal, there are many to choose from, Plextor, Teac, LG, Panasonic, Mitsumi, and it would save you a lot of money for a OS upgrades

Win2k provides rocks solid burning, upgrade your memory to at least 256MB

good luck

quote:

i want to buy a new external burner, have an OS win.98, can`t invest to a newer version of OS, so i can`t buy any of those with the fire wire or USB.2 interface, have to buy a SCSI, I have red already all relevant tests, but there is no new (made in 2002, or very near,) external SCSI burner, that fits alle the new important read/write MODS, i have no one found in the tests list, neither in any computer magazin, am i wrong, or is there any, which i didnt found,
SO, my question is: is there such good external SCSI burner or have i to choose to wait or to say good bay, external SCSI, and buy the best internal IDE?
thanks for any answers

(in reply to kundamrak)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Consumer Electronics] >> BD, DVD Players/Recorders >> SCSI burners external Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI