CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Yamaha parts/support info   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1426 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> Yamaha parts/support info Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Yamaha parts/support info - 1/24/2002 10:47:28 PM   
lllcubed

Hope this nevers happens to you...

After using EAC for months, it appears to have buggered my Yamaha CDRW, vintage 6x4x16. It looks like the drives' controller card or the drives' bios has been done in, as the SCSI does not recognize the drive any more at boot time. Yamaha has not been forth coming at selling parts, only refurb drives.

I am looking for knowledge about repairing (flashing the bios, but doesn't the SCSI host adapter need to see it first) or replacing the controller card. Drive recognizes a valid CD and spins up accordingly, so it's half alive.

Thanks in advance
Post #: 1
RE: Yamaha parts/support info - 1/26/2002 9:58:09 PM   
CCampbell

I used to repair those drives, or train those who did the repair.

You need special tools, etc...And if the Bios was over written, as it sounds like it was, then only Yamaha can resolve the issue.

I do not work for them anymore of course, so I do not have access to the needed tools.

Sorry, but the only thing you can do is reflash the firmware on the recorder. If that failed to resolve it, it would be cheaper to purchase a new drive, than what it would cost Yamaha to repair the older models.

Regards,

Craig

(in reply to lllcubed)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> Yamaha parts/support info Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI