CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Some CD-Rs to use at 16x Recording   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1416 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media >> Some CD-Rs to use at 16x Recording Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Some CD-Rs to use at 16x Recording - 11/30/2001 5:31:09 PM   
terrancelam

So far I'd have to say that Princo CD-Rs are compareable to Mitsui branded ones here in Canada (Apparently they are the OEM makers for Mitsui?) and the actually Mitsui ones are compatible as well(Both unbranded Gold and Silver disks).(Princo has about a 1 out of 10 bad cd-r ratio and so far out of the 100 Mitsui's I've burner, only 1 has been a coaster and it was my fault.)

Another brand worthy of mention is the Smart and Friendy Rocket fuel 700mb disks, that works flawlessly so far with my burner (the LG GCE-8160B). Not to mention that they are fairly cheap for cd-rs that come with casing.(Test 5 of them, all worked, but need more testing.)

On last brand is Delta (Which in reality is really GAT technologies), in the 80min/700mb flavour, have all worked without producing a single error (have tested a 50 spindle, 1 failed due to poor quality.)

Post #: 1
RE: Some CD-Rs to use at 16x Recording - 12/2/2001 4:29:31 AM   
dagon

ive been using PNY discs, Memorex discs, and Fujufilm discs with the LG too, and all have been good.

(in reply to terrancelam)
Post #: 2
RE: Some CD-Rs to use at 16x Recording - 12/4/2001 2:25:54 PM   
rjw

Princo isn't an OEM maker for Mitsui.
As far as I know it seems that Mitsui allways makes there own disc's.
Just like taibo tech's are allways Taiyo Yudens. Taibo Tech is a home brand of Taiyo Yuden.
They look very much the same even with identification software but then again why o why do the results of Princo very so much with the Results of Mitsui. If you see the positions of errors in Mitsui made disc's and Princo made disc's you find a great diffrence to much to say it is just the final layer. Also Princo makes there cd's in Taiwan. And Mitsui makes there disc's for the bigest part in Europe.
Also Princo isn't wanted by my Philips 3610 and any real manufactured disc by Mitsui will still be burned with it.

Memorex can be anything (From very good made by Ritek up to very bad made by CMC magnetics.)
Fujifilm can be made by Fuji (average) or by Taiyo Yuden.( Most new ones are Taiyo Yudens and these are very good)

Also there still is a point compatibility any writer likes some disc's more than others.

(in reply to terrancelam)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media >> Some CD-Rs to use at 16x Recording Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI