CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Can't get Nero read buffer to remain at 100%   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 308 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Can't get Nero read buffer to remain at 100% Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Can't get Nero read buffer to remain at 100% - 11/27/2001 8:09:13 AM   
NCdood

Hey folks:

I am using Nero 5.0.4.8 on Win2k and am having the following problem: I cannot get my read buffer/status bar to remain at 100% during a burn. It toggles between 99% through 96% during a burn consistantly. The discs play on regaular CD players, but not very well using the one in my car (an Alpine CD player about 2 years old, see the * on the next paragraph). The Nero burnt discs *used* to play in my car when the read buffer was pinned at 100%, but this was using a 4.x.x.x version of Nero

*What's even more unusual, it takes about 2 minutes for the newly burned discs to begin playing in my car.

Here are the different things I've tried:

-upgrading to Nero 5.5.5.1 didn't fix it.
-using 4 different types of media didn't fix it (I am testing on the same media that previously worked in my car, however, from what I've been reading on the net, disc composition may vary from manufacturer runs).
-burning at a slower speed.
-increasing cache size from the default 33M to 100M.

My system:
----------------------------
AMD Athlon 1.3gHz
256k of memory
Win 2k
Plextor 16x burner

Any help would be appreciated!

Chris

Post #: 1
RE: Can't get Nero read buffer to remain at 100% - 11/30/2001 4:38:12 AM   
lionelow

Me too that Why I trashed Nero.

Nero presently still very buggy for XP suggest using others like NTI CD Maker Pro.

(in reply to NCdood)
Post #: 2
RE: Can't get Nero read buffer to remain at 100% - 11/30/2001 6:26:04 PM   
netman

if you want to burn audio cds you need to go to www.feurio.com and download feurio. it only does audio and is shareware that's not crippled or time-limited. it gives you all the options you need for audio and excellent sound quality.

(in reply to NCdood)
Post #: 3
RE: Can't get Nero read buffer to remain at 100% - 12/3/2001 9:34:40 PM   
CCampbell

The read buffer is not the cause of this. As long as it does not go below 50%, you are Ok. Though normally it should not go below 90%.

I Would recommend download Nero 5.5.5.1, or wait till middle of this week and download the Nero 5.5.6.4 release to see if this resolves your issue.

But there is a possibility that the hardware is the cause. You should follow the others recommendation of trying the NTI or CDRWIN software, in DEMO mode of course, and see if they produce the same defective audio CD. IF they do, you should have your recorder serviced.

Regards,

Craig

(in reply to NCdood)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Can't get Nero read buffer to remain at 100% Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI