CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Very annoying Liteon 24x10x40 Prob.....   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 732 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> Very annoying Liteon 24x10x40 Prob..... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Very annoying Liteon 24x10x40 Prob..... - 11/19/2001 8:22:18 PM   
CoiN

Lo All,

Your all probably really sick of liteon problem posts but I'm pretty desperate. Need to back up my stuff. :)

I've just got my Liteon CD-RW today, and I'm having some major probs with it....

I can't copy anything onto a CD if its over like 70 meg, because my machine just freezes or Nero crashes. I've noticed the larger I make my buffer, the more data will copy over before it goes down.

When copying, it all goes well until the read buffer indicator (think its called the read buffer) on nero gets too around 99% then it starts too slow down, and eventually the light on the CD-RW goes orange instead of red and the hard drive light just stays on permanently instead of flashing. So it seems both the HDD and the CD-RW just freeze.

I'm getting no error messages of any type apart from when my machine doesnt crash I get a 'Command Timeout' error or something like that.

I've tried putting it as Secondary slave, Secondary master, Primary master, all with the same results.

My machine spec is:

T-Bird 1.4GHz
512MB PC2100 RAM
Epox 8k7a+ Mo'Board
40gig IBM HDD
GeForce 2 Pro
Soundblaster PC128

Using....... Win98 (Sucks I know)

Any ideas, cause it's really getting annoying, after returning 2 broken mitsumi CD-RW's before this.

Thanks in Advance....

Coin

Post #: 1
RE: Very annoying Liteon 24x10x40 Prob..... - 11/19/2001 8:37:14 PM   
NotaHacker

(in reply to CoiN)
Post #: 2
RE: Very annoying Liteon 24x10x40 Prob..... - 11/20/2001 8:28:40 PM   
clawso1

You should have purchased a "PlexWriter 24x10x40A drive, then you could burn anything you want, with no problems!

quote:

Lo All,

Your all probably really sick of liteon problem posts but I'm pretty desperate. Need to back up my stuff. :)

I've just got my Liteon CD-RW today, and I'm having some major probs with it....

I can't copy anything onto a CD if its over like 70 meg, because my machine just freezes or Nero crashes. I've noticed the larger I make my buffer, the more data will copy over before it goes down.

When copying, it all goes well until the read buffer indicator (think its called the read buffer) on nero gets too around 99% then it starts too slow down, and eventually the light on the CD-RW goes orange instead of red and the hard drive light just stays on permanently instead of flashing. So it seems both the HDD and the CD-RW just freeze.

I'm getting no error messages of any type apart from when my machine doesnt crash I get a 'Command Timeout' error or something like that.

I've tried putting it as Secondary slave, Secondary master, Primary master, all with the same results.

My machine spec is:

T-Bird 1.4GHz
512MB PC2100 RAM
Epox 8k7a+ Mo'Board
40gig IBM HDD
GeForce 2 Pro
Soundblaster PC128

Any ideas, cause it's really getting annoying, after returning 2 broken mitsumi CD-RW's before this.

Thanks in Advance....

Coin

(in reply to CoiN)
Post #: 3
RE: Very annoying Liteon 24x10x40 Prob..... - 11/20/2001 8:31:20 PM   
clawso1

quote:

You should have purchased a "PlexWriter 24x10x40A drive, then you could burn anything you want, with no problems! All you have to do is look at the amount of liteon problem post compared to Plextor's!

quote:

Lo All,

My machine spec is:

T-Bird 1.4GHz
512MB PC2100 RAM
Epox 8k7a+ Mo'Board
40gig IBM HDD
GeForce 2 Pro
Soundblaster PC128

Thanks in Advance....

Coin

(in reply to CoiN)
Post #: 4
RE: Very annoying Liteon 24x10x40 Prob..... - 11/20/2001 8:32:20 PM   
clawso1

quote:

You should have purchased a "PlexWriter 24x10x40A drive, then you could burn anything you want, with no problems! All you have to do is look at the amount of liteon problem post compared to Plextor's!

quote:

Lo All,

My machine spec is:

T-Bird 1.4GHz
512MB PC2100 RAM
Epox 8k7a+ Mo'Board
40gig IBM HDD
GeForce 2 Pro
Soundblaster PC128

Thanks in Advance....

Coin

(in reply to CoiN)
Post #: 5
RE: Very annoying Liteon 24x10x40 Prob..... - 11/21/2001 3:05:51 AM   
OC-Freak

Had a similar problem with another system. And another writer.

It was all caused by an extra integrated Highpoint IDE controller. Some mobos have these. All was fine when I jumped into the mainbord bios and disabled it and put all the drives on the main IDE controller.

Don't know your mainboard though.....probably this is not your problem....but I just wanted to mention it.

Check:
Either use no via IDE drivers(included in the 4in1 package) or use the newest if you for a strange reason want to use them........
Try to update the ASPI layer, download Force ASPI from the CD-R Info software section.
Make sure DMA is on on all devices.
It's a good idea to have the writer on a sepearate IDE cable if possible.......and not on the same cable as the harddrive or the main CD-ROM drive.

(in reply to CoiN)
Post #: 6
RE: Very annoying Liteon 24x10x40 Prob..... - 11/21/2001 4:59:01 PM   
doink

Coin!!.
I had the same problem as you.One question?.Did you use the nero that came with your drive.If so,That's most probably the cause.I tried everything from wiping my hard drive to installing seperate individual mobo drivers.So! in the end I re-installed windows,then all of my proggies,apps and drivers.Then I updated my aspi layers and Most importantly,I did'nt install the nero that came with my drive.
Everything worked perfect.

So,earlier today,As a test.I installed nero again and tried a disk.
Guess what? My system froze.

So I checked my aspi layers and although they were up to date,they were'nt working properly(they would'nt recognise my devices(drives) properly.I did'nt have force aspi to hand so I did it the old fashioned way.After un-installing nero and re-installing aspi everythings back to normal.

You could try force aspi with nero(as oc-freak suggests) and definately have your'e writer set as secondry master preferably with no other devices on the same ide cable as it.

So I think you'll find that's most probably the answer.
Why LITEON provides a duff peice of software I don't understand.Thought they would have tested it properly.

(P.S)Sorry bout the long winded reply.Hope this fixes things for you.

(PUT IT THERE.....PAL)

(in reply to CoiN)
Post #: 7
RE: Very annoying Liteon 24x10x40 Prob..... - 11/22/2001 12:53:29 AM   
burner1000000

uninstall nero and try re-installing Nero after disabling all the programs on your computer except fot systray and explorer (Use control-alt-delete)

(in reply to CoiN)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> Very annoying Liteon 24x10x40 Prob..... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI