CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Regional settings for clonecd 3202....?   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1649 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Copy >> Regional settings for clonecd 3202....? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Regional settings for clonecd 3202....? - 11/18/2001 5:20:27 PM   
DONKY

Sorry if this seems a little naïve but can anyone please tell me if changing my regional settings on my pc actually alters anything... Like power settings (volts) etc…?
Thanks,
Donky...

DONKY
Post #: 1
RE: Regional settings for clonecd 3202....? - 11/18/2001 8:49:35 PM   
TOOL1075

of course not lol, that would be a hardware issue. changing your software will NOT affect anything relating to voltages, etc, don't worry! lol

T-Bird AXIA 1.2@1.4 (10x140)
Epox 8k7A+
256 Kingston 2100 DDR
Elsa Geforce 2 GTS
IBM 75GXP 45GB
Toshiba 16X DVD
Plextor 16X CD-RW
Philips Acoustic Edge
Klipsch Promedia 4.1
Enlight 7237

(in reply to DONKY)
Post #: 2
RE: Regional settings for clonecd 3202....? - 11/19/2001 3:18:21 PM   
DONKY

quote:

of course not lol, that would be a hardware issue. changing your software will NOT affect anything relating to voltages, etc, don't worry! lol

T-Bird AXIA 1.2@1.4 (10x140)
Epox 8k7A+
256 Kingston 2100 DDR
Elsa Geforce 2 GTS
IBM 75GXP 45GB
Toshiba 16X DVD
Plextor 16X CD-RW
Philips Acoustic Edge
Klipsch Promedia 4.1
Enlight 7237

Thanks for the reply.....? if you dont ask you dont know...??
Cheers,
Donky

DONKY

(in reply to DONKY)
Post #: 3
RE: Regional settings for clonecd 3202....? - 11/19/2001 3:30:43 PM   
Zeitgeist

If you intend to change your regional settings in order to take advantage of the new "unavailable in the UK & US" option in CloneCd, you can easily activate it in the registry without having to change regional setting.
Simply type "regedit" in the run menu & use the "find" function to locate "amplify weak" in the registry.
once found select "modify" & change to value from "0" (off) to "1" (on).
This will turn the option on once & for all - or untill you manually change the value back to 0 if you like.
It is very easy, but don't attempt this if you feel uncomfortable.
Good Luck
Z

(in reply to DONKY)
Post #: 4
RE: Regional settings for clonecd 3202....? - 11/20/2001 11:16:22 AM   
DONKY

quote:
Thanks for the reply...?i felt brave and followed your instructions,i found value 000 and changed it to 1 it would not let me change it to 001...?it was used for something else..? the amplify weak option was still unavailable...? have you any more advice...
Thanks,
Donky

If you intend to change your regional settings in order to take advantage of the new "unavailable in the UK & US" option in CloneCd, you can easily activate it in the registry without having to change regional setting.
Simply type "regedit" in the run menu & use the "find" function to locate "amplify weak" in the registry.
once found select "modify" & change to value from "0" (off) to "1" (on).
This will turn the option on once & for all - or untill you manually change the value back to 0 if you like.
It is very easy, but don't attempt this if you feel uncomfortable.
Good Luck
Z

DONKY

(in reply to DONKY)
Post #: 5
RE: Regional settings for clonecd 3202....? - 11/20/2001 7:41:33 PM   
Zeitgeist

Hmmmmm....
It should actually be only a "0" or a "1" for the value.
But this link may help:

http://www.elaboratebytes.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard/topic.cgi?forum=10&topic=81

Good Luck
Z

(in reply to DONKY)
Post #: 6
RE: Regional settings for clonecd 3202....? - 11/22/2001 5:20:36 AM   
DONKY

quote:

Hmmmmm....
It should actually be only a "0" or a "1" for the value.
But this link may help:

http://www.elaboratebytes.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard/topic.cgi?forum=10&topic=81

Good Luck
Z

Thanks for your reply...I have just had another go at the regedit..?but this time i used fix-it utilities reg-editor,i followed your instructions and i am glad to say it appears to have worked for me this time,the amplify weak box is now checked but i am unable enable/disable this feature now,is it a case of using the regedit process to alter this feature..? atleast i can use this feature now...?
Many Thanks..
Donky..

DONKY

(in reply to DONKY)
Post #: 7
RE: Regional settings for clonecd 3202....? - 11/22/2001 11:29:11 AM   
xinga99

to setup your regional go to control panel and look for regional setting button.

Xinga

(in reply to DONKY)
Post #: 8
RE: Regional settings for clonecd 3202....? - 11/22/2001 9:23:51 PM   
Zeitgeist

Good job Donky.
Unfortunately, the registry hack will still not give you the option to togle the feature off/on in CloneCD's GUI. Changing the registry value has "permanantly" enabled this feature. It will be on every time you use CloneCD. This can easily be reversed however by simply changing the value back to "0" in the registry.
Z

(in reply to DONKY)
Post #: 9
RE: Regional settings for clonecd 3202....? - 11/29/2001 11:24:12 PM   
Nitrodoc

You could put a two icons on your destop if you wanted (WS-On) and (WS-Off) to do this right click on desktop then select New, then Text Document, Once it is on your desktop double click the file and copy the text marked below exactly, after that click on file at the top left then Click on SaveAs, for filename type in-> WS-On.reg, that will give you the on. Then to make an off follow the above steps except change the 00000001 to 00000000 and name it WS-Off.reg Now all you have to do is double click the icons to toggle on and off! Hope this makes it easier for you:
<<<<<Copy and Paste below this line>>>>
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Elaborate Bytes\CloneCD\Settings]
"AmplifyWeak"=dword:00000001

(in reply to DONKY)
Post #: 10
RE: Regional settings for clonecd 3202....? - 12/1/2001 8:00:44 AM   
DONKY

quote:

You could put a two icons on your destop if you wanted (WS-On) and (WS-Off) to do this right click on desktop then select New, then Text Document, Once it is on your desktop double click the file and copy the text marked below exactly, after that click on file at the top left then Click on SaveAs, for filename type in-> WS-On.reg, that will give you the on. Then to make an off follow the above steps except change the 00000001 to 00000000 and name it WS-Off.reg Now all you have to do is double click the icons to toggle on and off! Hope this makes it easier for you:
<<<<<Copy and Paste below this line>>>>
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Elaborate Bytes\CloneCD\Settings]
"AmplifyWeak"=dword:00000001
Thanks for the info...? i will give it a go...?
Donky....

DONKY

(in reply to DONKY)
Post #: 11
RE: Regional settings for clonecd 3202....? - 12/2/2001 5:23:57 AM   
burningwheel

Is it necessary to change back to "0"?

What happen if I have the feature on while I'm NOT making copies of protected software?

Sorry for my stupid question

(in reply to DONKY)
Post #: 12
RE: Regional settings for clonecd 3202....? - 12/4/2001 8:51:22 PM   
j00k

Not sure if this has been posted by if you go to this link below and click on the "CDR Software" link on top and download the "CloneCD AMP 0.0.1", you'll be able to use CloneCD like normal and be able to enable/disable Amplify Weak Sectors function.

http://www.arrakis.es/~triton/

(in reply to DONKY)
Post #: 13
RE: Regional settings for clonecd 3202....? - 12/11/2001 12:47:06 AM   
DONKY

quote:

Not sure if this has been posted by if you go to this link below and click on the "CDR Software" link on top and download the "CloneCD AMP 0.0.1", you'll be able to use CloneCD like normal and be able to enable/disable Amplify Weak Sectors function.

http://www.arrakis.es/~triton/

Thanks for the link,i downloaded and installed the clonecd amp
and i worked fine...??but when i try to run the program now i keep getting a message------ trial period expired..? i have tried to re-install it but it still gives me a big No-No....Any ideas.
Thanks,
Donky

DONKY

(in reply to DONKY)
Post #: 14
RE: Regional settings for clonecd 3202....? - 12/18/2001 9:27:11 AM   
DL

My guess is that there are registry entries which remain after CloneCD expires, even if you "uninstall it", the registry entries remain so that any subsequent install of CloneCD will see and be unsuccessful. I'm guessing that as long as you can go into the registry and remove the pertinent entries, another reinstall of CloneCD will start a new 30 day trial period. How else will it know that it was installed before onless there is a record of it's previous install? Most likely the registry. In fact, the link that J00k provided above has a registry hack for this very purpose but the page returns as "cannot be displayed". My suggestion if you feel frisky is to run regedit and do a search on CloneCD or somesuch keyword and delete any entries related to CloneCD. Then reinstall the software.

(in reply to DONKY)
Post #: 15
RE: Regional settings for clonecd 3202....? - 12/28/2001 7:32:24 AM   
Grizzley

Errmmm.... sorry to be so dense but, what is the advantage of having th eoption anyway? what does it help you to do? i just thought it was unfair to disable it if you live in the uk or usa!

(in reply to DONKY)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Copy >> Regional settings for clonecd 3202....? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI