CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Which to buy? AOpen, LiteOn, Iomega?   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 310 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> Which to buy? AOpen, LiteOn, Iomega? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Which to buy? AOpen, LiteOn, Iomega? - 8/30/2001 2:55:28 AM   
tkboy

I'm seeking out a new CDRW drive. So far the ones I found suitable(and within budget :)) are :

1) AOpen 16/10/32
2) Liteon 16/10/40

Can anyone make a suggestion? I've read the review's for both (Thanks to CDRinfo!) and I really can't make up my mind. Both have equally good and bad points...maybe anyone who has tried the new firmwares can post to update if they have fixed any of the problems listed in the reviews?
Post #: 1
RE: Which to buy? AOpen, LiteOn, Iomega? - 8/30/2001 7:49:58 AM   
john

Hehe...AOpen can be OC up to 20/10/40. That could be a positive i guess.

Visit www.cdrinfo.com - The Recording Authority

(in reply to tkboy)
Post #: 2
RE: Which to buy? AOpen, LiteOn, Iomega? - 8/30/2001 12:55:44 PM   
hnsn82

quote:

I'm seeking out a new CDRW drive. So far the ones I found suitable(and within budget :)) are :

1) AOpen 16/10/32
2) Liteon 16/10/40

Can anyone make a suggestion? I've read the review's for both (Thanks to CDRinfo!) and I really can't make up my mind. Both have equally good and bad points...maybe anyone who has tried the new firmwares can post to update if they have fixed any of the problems listed in the reviews?

i currently own 16102b for a week and very pleased with it, haven't make any coaster yet, even when i got bsod last time . but i don't know if this drive is capable of dma or not. anyone know answer to this question ?

(in reply to tkboy)
Post #: 3
RE: Which to buy? AOpen, LiteOn, Iomega? - 8/30/2001 12:55:59 PM   
hnsn82

quote:

1) AOpen 16/10/32
2) Liteon 16/10/40

i currently own 16102b for a week and very pleased with it, haven't make any coaster yet, even when i got bsod last time . but i don't know if this drive is capable of dma or not. anyone know answer to this question ?

(in reply to tkboy)
Post #: 4
RE: Which to buy? AOpen, LiteOn, Iomega? - 8/31/2001 6:25:18 AM   
tkboy

quote:

Hehe...AOpen can be OC up to 20/10/40. That could be a positive i guess.

Visit www.cdrinfo.com - The Recording Authority

Hmm...but does it work like a 20/10/40? I mean burn at 20x and read at 40x(including DAE)? And what are the risks of O/Cing? Would you cause the laser to over heat or something?

(in reply to tkboy)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> Which to buy? AOpen, LiteOn, Iomega? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI