CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

First external USB 3.0 SSD.   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 765 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Consumer Electronics News >> First external USB 3.0 SSD. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
First external USB 3.0 SSD. - 10/9/2009 4:44:56 AM   
astra

Active Media Productions have announced the first external USB 3.0 solid state drive. With USB 3.0 as the interface, plus the high speed of SSD, this Active Media SSD should be the fastest external drive in the market.

The Active Media SSD ranges from 16GB to 64GB, can reach a read and write speeds of 240MB/s and 160MB/s respectively with USB 3.0. The drive is meant for those who crave for high speeds. This external SSD is also a super portable one that measures only 3-inch long and 0.2 inch thick.

The company claims that saving a 25GB HD film in the drive takes only about two minutes. Like other SSDs, it has no moving parts in it and made with MLC NAND flash chips. It comes with a carry pouch and a USB 3.0 micro-B cable for connectivity to any port. It also works with USB 1.1 and USB 2.0 but only lower speeds. Pricing is still unknown, but it shouldn't be cheap.

http://www.techchee.com/

Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Consumer Electronics News >> First external USB 3.0 SSD. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI