CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Microsoft starts serving IE8 upgrade to enterprises.   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1398 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Microsoft News >> Microsoft starts serving IE8 upgrade to enterprises. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Microsoft starts serving IE8 upgrade to enterprises. - 9/17/2009 9:01:52 AM   
astra

As promised more than a month ago, Microsoft Corp. yesterday began pushing Internet Explorer 8 to enterprises via Windows Server Update Services (WSUS).

The IE8 upgrade for Windows XP, Vista, Server 2003 and Server 2008 was cast as an "Update rollup" to WSUS, Microsoft's most popular tool for deploying patches within businesses.

Microsoft noted that even if administrators had set WSUS to auto-approve rollup packages, the new browser won't automatically be sent to client PCs that connect to the update server. "Even if Auto-Approve for the 'Update Rollup' category is on, Internet Explorer 8 will not automatically be deployed," said Eric Hebenstreit, a lead program manager on the IE team, in a post to the IE blog. "You must approve the Internet Explorer 8 EULA before Internet Explorer 8 is deployed to your downstream clients."

Hebenstreit included a pair of screenshots in the blog post to illustrate what administrators would see in the WSUS console.

All supported languages of IE8 for Vista, Server 2003 and Server 2008 were pushed to WSUS yesterday, but just 24 were fed to administrators for Windows XP. The remaining 34 will hit update servers on Sept. 22.
More reading:

http://www.computerworld.com/
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Microsoft News >> Microsoft starts serving IE8 upgrade to enterprises. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI