CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

LG-GW620: LG's First Android Smartphone .   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 696 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Consumer Electronics News >> LG-GW620: LG's First Android Smartphone . Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
LG-GW620: LG's First Android Smartphone . - 9/14/2009 5:32:22 AM   
astra

The new Android phone is just one of many smartphone models LG plans to introduce worldwide in the years ahead. 

LG Electronics has reinforced its aggressive strategy in smartphones by announcing the first Android mobile device called the LG-GW620. The announcement of LG's first Android-powered smartphones comes only a week after the company announced that it would be introducing three new Windows Mobile smartphones in the next few weeks.

The new LG-GW620 features a 3-inch full touchscreen and slide out QWERTY keypad. The LG-GW620 benefits from an operating system that was created from the ground up to take advantage of the many mobile applications and services developed by search leader Google.

In anticipation of strong demand for smartphones that support social networking functions right out-of-the-box, the LG-GW620 also lives up to LG's consumer-friendly design philosophy by making the smartphone experience more accessible for typical users. At the same time, LG's messaging phones have traditionally been very popular with young professionals who demand a full QWERTY keypad for a fast mobile computing experience. The LG-GW620 manages to meet the needs of both types of users simultaneously, explains the company.

“The LG-GW620 will appeal to first-time smartphone customers by offering a new and different kind of user experience,” said Dr Skott Ahn, president and CEO, LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company. “Our objective is to provide a wide selection of smartphones to satisfy the diverse preferences of today's consumers. This Android phone is just one of many smartphone models we plan to introduce worldwide in the years ahead.”

In addition to the Android model, LG announced in early September that it will be introducing a minimum of 13 new smartphones over the next 16 months that utilise Microsoft's Windows Mobile. The newest release, version 6.5, was announced just last week.

http://www.efytimes.com/efytimes/newefynews.asp
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Consumer Electronics News >> LG-GW620: LG's First Android Smartphone . Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI