CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Microsoft releases 5 security service packs.   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1284 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Microsoft News >> Microsoft releases 5 security service packs. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Microsoft releases 5 security service packs. - 7/2/2009 8:05:27 AM   
astra

In addition to the beta release of its free consumer anti-malware software, Microsoft Security Essentials, Microsoft has, in the past week, unleashed five service packs for its enterprise class security software.

These service packs include the beta 2 of its identity management framework "Geneva," the SP3 of Forefront Security for SharePoint, the SP2 of Forefront Security for Exchange Server and trial versions of Antigen Spam Manager for Exchange and Antigen for SMTP Gateways.

Additionally, during the past week, Microsoft released seven technical documentation papers offering advice on everything from how to configure the AppLocker feature in Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 to a master blueprint for rolling out enterprise security.

Could the frenzy of activity be in preparation for Microsoft's appearance at the annual Black Hat security conference, to be held in Las Vegas July 25-30?

Of this large group of new software releases, one of the more interesting downloads is the Beta 2 of "Geneva". This release aims to improve the deployment of the Geneva platform for the enterprise with new features like Group Policy-driven provisioning of Information Cards or the administrative policy of card usage. It has also improved support for X.509 certificate credentials in Information Cards.

Also of interest is the new declaration Microsoft made this week that its Forefront security wares will standardise on a set of five anti-malware engines moving forward. Forefront had been using 10 anti-malware engines, but as of December 1, it will retire five and stick with antivirus engines made by Authentium, Kaspersky, Microsoft, Norman and VirusBuster. It will yank out engines made by CA, Sophos, AhnLab, Cloudmark and MailFilters.
More reading:

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/news/
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Microsoft News >> Microsoft releases 5 security service packs. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI