CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

50% of Brits worried about mobile phone security.   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1174 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Security News >> 50% of Brits worried about mobile phone security. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
50% of Brits worried about mobile phone security. - 6/23/2009 9:19:26 AM   
astra

Over half of Brits are worried about the security of information sent from a mobile phone.

According to research by the message security firm, a further 69 percent of handset owners cited these security concerns the reason they won't use mobile banking services while 37 percent refuse to shop online via their handset because of security concerns.

Cloudmark also said that two thirds of Brits had received spam message on their mobile phone and 29 percent said the messages has been of a malicious nature such as phishing scams and messages containing inappropriate content.

"Consumers' increasing reliance on their mobile phone coincides with the rise in messaging threats like SMS spam, MMS viruses and mobile phishing, which are not only intrusive and annoying but are costly and put consumers at risk of fraud and identify theft," explained Hugh McCartney, CEOof Cloudmark.

"The research results prove the mobile industry needs to take notice of the threat that mobile messaging abuse and fraud poses to both consumers and operators. It is important that operators invest in the necessary technology to safeguard their networks and ensure customers feel confident using their mobile phones and accessing additional revenue generating services," added McCartney.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/news/index.cfm?newsid=117910&

Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Security News >> 50% of Brits worried about mobile phone security. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI