CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Google adds Quick Search Bar for Mac.   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 855 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Software News >> Google adds Quick Search Bar for Mac. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Google adds Quick Search Bar for Mac. - 6/10/2009 6:28:33 AM   
astra

Google has unveiled its 'Quick Search Bar' for Mac, offering Search functionality on your computer and fast actions for the results.

Google Desktop for Mac has been around for two years, but Google has now added huge new functionality by displaying blended results from files, programs and your browsing history.

However, the key move from Google is the addition of action functionality for the results.

As Google explains: "Once you've found the result you want, we wanted you to be able to DO something with it."

Tab...clear?

"To find out what you can do, select a result and press the tab key or the right arrow on the keyboard," the blog post adds.

"Some examples of actions include instant messaging friends, playing a song, or emailing a URL.

"Just like the data you can search over, the list of actions you can perform will grow over time!"

Google is also making the tool extensible, encouraging third party add-ons to make use of the data.

http://www.techradar.com/news/computing/apple/google-brings-quick-search-bar-to-mac-607209

Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Software News >> Google adds Quick Search Bar for Mac. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI