CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Kasperksy: Conficker has infected 6 million PCs.   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1329 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Security News >> Kasperksy: Conficker has infected 6 million PCs. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Kasperksy: Conficker has infected 6 million PCs. - 5/20/2009 6:38:17 AM   
astra

Security software vendor Kaspersky says around five to six million computers around the world have already been infected by the Conficker worm.

Topping the list of countries with most number of infections is China, with around 2.7 million reported cases, followed by Brazil and Russia with 1 million and 800,000 infected units respectively. The Philippines ranks 19th globally with 126,594 confirmed instances of the virus.

The worm, which has started spreading late 2008, gives cybercriminals the means to execute devastating DDoS (distributed denial-of-service) attacks, steal confidential data and distribute unsolicited content.

"There is no definite amount on how much damage the Conficker virus has made on businesses so far because it continues to spread at a phenomenal rate and cybercriminals have become more sophisticated in creating difficult to detect malwares such as Conficker to steal important data from our devices," Suk Ling Gun, managing director, Kaspersky Lab, South-East Asia, said.

http://www.computerworlduk.com/management/security/cybercrime/news/index.cfm?newsid=14844

Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Security News >> Kasperksy: Conficker has infected 6 million PCs. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI