CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Rumour: AMD to launch Tigris platform at Computex.   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1032 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Consumer Electronics News >> Rumour: AMD to launch Tigris platform at Computex. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Rumour: AMD to launch Tigris platform at Computex. - 5/20/2009 6:20:57 AM   
astra

With Computex just mere weeks away, speculation of what's likely to be launched is starting to gather pace - the latest addition to that list is AMD's next-generation notebook platform, Tigris.

According to Chinese-language rag, Commercial Times, Tigris is the successor to the Puma platform which was unveiled at last year's show and is targeted at 14 and 15-inch form factors. The Yukon and upcoming Congo platforms will continue to hold the fort in smaller form factor laptops.

Tigris is based on a 45nm dual-core ‘Caspian' processor and RS880M chipset with integrated graphics. Discrete GPUs from the M9x range will also be supported.

The paper also believes that AMD will use Computex to showcase a number of new platforms and technologies it is planning to release in 2010. These include 45nm quad-core ‘Champlain' processors, the SB8xxM southbridge which will feature USB 3.0, amongst other things.

In addition to that, we've heard rumours about a number of tech showcases, including the six-core ‘Istanbul' server processor and the new 45nm Athlon II processors, but we're yet to receive official confirmation on either of these.

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardware/2009/05/19/amd-to-launch-tigris-platform-at-computex/1

Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Consumer Electronics News >> Rumour: AMD to launch Tigris platform at Computex. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI