I am having a problem using my new AOpen 2040 CDRW. I am currently using WINXP and can use the built in Roxio burning software that is built in, but I can not get Nero, EZ CD Creator 5, Fireburner, nor CDMage to see this drive. I have tried a series of different things, but not avail. Anyone have a solution for me? I can read/write in XP with no problems using the built in software but it is slow and cumbersome.
My rig is an Itel PIII 866, 256MB 133 CL2 RAM. This is what I have tried so far:
1. Removed PIO jumper and inserted CDRW as slave on IDE2, master was 6GB HDD.
· XP saw the drive with no problem. Can use the burning software that comes with XP. Nero, EZ CD Creator 5, Fireburner nor CDMage see the drive.
2. Changed CDRW to master, slaving the HDD.
· XP still sees the drive, can still use the burning software built into XP. Other software still doesn’t see it.
3. Updated firmware to newest on CDRW.
· Still no go with the other software, XP software is fine.
4. Disabled both slaves in bios, no change.
5. Changed drive letters to reflect order. C:30GBHDD D:CDRW E:CDROM F:6GHDD G:15GB partition of C:
· Still no change to software status.
6. Checked WIN2K using same software, not seen there either so not an OS issue.
7. Changed “Start ATAPI” to automatic instead of manual in “services”. No change.