CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

New ATI Radeon HD 4890 GPU offers 1.36Tflops   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1275 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> General Computing News >> New ATI Radeon HD 4890 GPU offers 1.36Tflops Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New ATI Radeon HD 4890 GPU offers 1.36Tflops - 4/2/2009 11:08:20 AM   
astra

AMD on Thursday morning further expanded its "Dragon" desktop platform with the introduction of the ATI Radeon HD 4890 graphics card, featuring 1.36 TeraFLOPs of computing power, faster GDDR5 memory, and engine clock speeds capable of nearly 1GHz. The GPU card offers support for DirectX 10.1 titles, including Ubisoft's Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X., Electronic Art's BattleForge and SEGA's Stormrise released last month, as well as GSC Gameworld's S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Clear Sky. According to the company, the new graphics card is not only designed to provide exceptional value to OEMs and channel partners but also to do-it-yourself (DIY) consumers.

According to the company, the new desktop graphics card can handle "the most intense games at high resolutions and image quality settings" and can be tuned for further performance enhancements as well as combined with as many as three other ATI Radeon HD 4890 cards in a single PC utilizing ATI CrossFireX technology.

The card also features ATI Stream technology, which in combination with a number of ATI Stream-enabled applications, can accelerate the conversion of standard and HD video into multiple formats for use on differing consumer electronics devices. Software companies such as CyberLink has optimized its video editing software PowerDirector 7 to make use of ATI Stream technology to provide GPU accelerated video conversion.

As with previous generation chips, the ATI Radeon HD 4800 series cards supports smooth playback of HD digital content using AMD's second-generation Unified Video Decoder (UVD 2.0). In addition, the cards support HDMI, picture-in-picture and 7.1 surround sound.

The ATI Radeon HD 4890 graphics card is expected to be integrated PCs from OEMs such as ASUS, Club 3D, Diamond Multimedia, and MSI..

http://www.electronista.com/articles/09/04/02/ati.radeon.hd.4890.gpu/

Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> General Computing News >> New ATI Radeon HD 4890 GPU offers 1.36Tflops Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI