CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Super Talent Announces 2TB "RAIDDrive" PCI-E SSD   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1118 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> General Computing News >> Super Talent Announces 2TB "RAIDDrive" PCI-E SSD Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Super Talent Announces 2TB "RAIDDrive" PCI-E SSD - 4/2/2009 8:04:12 AM   
astra

Super Talent recently announced their latest SSD development with a new patented product called the RAIDDrive. This fancy new piece of tech promises to increase the performance and capacity that slot based storage solutions currently offer, by boosting the ceiling up to 2TB.

The RAIDDrive is currently in three different flavors: the RAIDDrive ES, the RAIDDrive WS and the RAIDDrive GS. The ES is aimed at enterprise servers that will perform intensive applications, such as database transaction processing, business intelligence and virtualization. The WS is directed at workstation use for animation, video editing, oil/gas exploration and CAD. The GS is meant for gamers looking for a (much) faster IO subsystem.

All of these drives connect through PCI-E 2.0 x8, and deliver read speeds of up to 1.2GB/s, and sequential write speeds of up to 1.3GB/s. No word yet on pricing or availability, but as with the last drive of this caliber, chances are good that it’ll cost about as much as a car.

http://www.maximumpc.com/

Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> General Computing News >> Super Talent Announces 2TB "RAIDDrive" PCI-E SSD Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI