CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Sony issues 2.70 PS3 software update   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 929 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Game News >> Sony issues 2.70 PS3 software update Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Sony issues 2.70 PS3 software update - 4/2/2009 7:16:59 AM   
astra

New firmware:Sony has announced that free software update 2.70 for the PlayStation 3 will be available from 2 April.

The gaming giant says the "capabilities of PS3 are stepping up yet another gear" with this update. giving players more freedom to text chat, making music playback "more satisfying" and making the internet more accessible.

The music tweak comes in with the "Dynamic Normaliser" a feature that stops the sudden increase in volume between tracks on a playlist, now resulting in a "smooth listening experience all the way".

The internet improvements let a gamer find out more about a game they've just downloaded by finding its icon in the menu and then selecting "Internet Search".

The text chat changes lets users set up a chat room, select anyone from their friends list and invite them in. The friend will then see an icon in the corner of their screen and know they’re wanted in the chat room.

Up to 16 people can join the same room to chat using a controller, a connected keyboard or a wireless keypad and chats can be started halfway through a game.

The 2.70 update also allows users to cut and paste text from their internet browser as well as send message attachments up to 3MB in size.

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/news.phtml/23353/24377/sony-ps3-software-update-270.phtml

Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Game News >> Sony issues 2.70 PS3 software update Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI