CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Nintendo: We're driving industry growth   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 691 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Game News >> Nintendo: We're driving industry growth Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Nintendo: We're driving industry growth - 2/13/2009 9:15:44 AM   
NIKDEL

Nintendo of America executives are likely shipping champagne as we speak following a massive sales month for Wii and DS in the States

"Nintendo kicked off 2009 the same way it finished 2008: with a bang," the company said in a statement. "While the video game industry grew by $150 million (12 percent) year-on-year, Nintendo's total sales grew by $300 million in January, offsetting declines on other platforms." January Wii sales totalled almost 680,000 units, according to stat tracker NPD Group, and the console has now sold more than 18 million units in the States.
The company also moved 510,000 DS units during the month, taking sales past 28 million in the States.
Nintendo was equally as successful in the software department, with 20 of the top 30 games in January made for Wii or DS. Wii Fit, Wii Play and Mario Kart Wii took the top three spots on the monthly chart.
"Nintendo's significant contribution to January's industry growth validates our internal research showing that Nintendo continues to expand the gaming audience," said Cammie Dunaway, Nintendo of America's Sales & Marketing VP.
"We are excited to see that consumers, new and existing, are choosing to entertain themselves in new ways with the diversity of our software line-up."

www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=208236

Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Game News >> Nintendo: We're driving industry growth Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI