CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Microsoft and Brother Enter Patent Cross-Licensing Agreement   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 907 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Microsoft News >> Microsoft and Brother Enter Patent Cross-Licensing Agreement Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Microsoft and Brother Enter Patent Cross-Licensing Agre... - 2/5/2009 1:24:58 PM   
icube001

Microsoft and Brother Industries Ltd. have signed a patent cross-licensing agreement to allow access to each company?s respective patent portfolio.

The agreement encompasses a broad range of patents and will help further each company?s research and development (R&D) efforts, the companies said in a statement.

Through this agreement, Brother Industries will gain access to Microsoft?s patents for Brother?s current and future product lines, including multifunction products (MFPs), printers and certain Linux-based embedded devices. Microsoft will gain access to Brother?s patents for Microsoft?s current and future product lines, including Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office and other IT product lines. Although the contents of the agreement have not been disclosed, the parties indicated that Microsoft is being compensated by Brother.

Brother is manufacturer and distributor of monochrome and color MFPs, printers and parts and supplies.

In recent years, Microsoft has entered into similar agreements with other providers of printers and MFPs, including HP, Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd., Fuji Xerox Co. Ltd., Seiko Epson Corp., Fuji Xerox Co. Ltd. and Kyocera Mita Corp.
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Microsoft News >> Microsoft and Brother Enter Patent Cross-Licensing Agreement Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI