CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

LightScribe Burners   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 946 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> LightScribe Burners Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
LightScribe Burners - 1/22/2009 3:02:12 PM   
cja313

Im a DJ who's interested in getting a lightscribe CD burner to make Demo's and Mixtape CDs.  I did some research and read some articles that it takes on average 20-30 minutes to burn an image, depending on how detailed and large the graphic is.  The article was from the summer of 08......has this been improved at all since?
Also does anyone know of any external burners that will do say 20 or 50 Cd's at a time?  Copy the music on one side and then burn the image to the other side?   I know they make high volume burners for  CD burners...just wondering if Lightscribe technology has made a high volume CD Burner yet?

DJ 6'6 (CHRIS)
Post #: 1
RE: LightScribe Burners - 1/22/2009 6:22:54 PM   
MP3Mogul

No,

First, the disc would have to be flipped over.  2nd, the duplicators don't have the software to run Lightscribe... you would have to do them manually.  It does take 15 - 18 minutes to do a nice graphic.

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to cja313)
Post #: 2
RE: LightScribe Burners - 1/23/2009 12:05:39 AM   
cja313

yea, that makes sense.  Im thinkin of getting a 1-5 DVD/CD lightscribe duplicator.  Any suggestions on a brand thats high quality or are all lightscribe drives pretty similiar in price/quality?

(in reply to MP3Mogul)
Post #: 3
RE: LightScribe Burners - 1/23/2009 6:16:45 PM   
MP3Mogul

they're all pretty similar, just grab which one(s) suit your needs.

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to cja313)
Post #: 4
RE: LightScribe Burners - 1/28/2009 12:02:10 AM   
cja313

So I found a automatic (Robotic) light scribe duplicator by Systor that is a stand alone machine.....it will do up to 25 Cds at a time.  because it doesnt connect to the computer, I asked there tech support how I would make a master copy to produce copies from.  he told me for the data or audio part of the CD, I would burn a music CD and put it in the duplicator and copies would be made from this master.  Then for the lightscribe side, I would flip over the cd's to be copied with the image.  I would then copy the image to be burned onto the cd's lightscribe side, on to a regular CD from my computer and save the file as a LIF(not sure if this is the correct extension which lightscribe uses to burn images)   then I insert this cd with the image file on it into the duplicator as the Master CD and supposidly it  will read this and burn the image that I saved onto the top of the light scribe CDs. 

My question is I never heard of the ext. LIF......is this the type of file Lightscribe uses to burn images?   Can I save templates and custome templates in this format to put on a cd and use this in the duplicator?

http://www.produplicator.com/systor-dvd-cd-automated-duplicator-autoloader.html

this is the link of the duplicator I was thinking about getting

(in reply to MP3Mogul)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> LightScribe Burners Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI